Hi! I found a messed up merge: Edit #103636855 - MusicBrainz Basically, two similar recordings of the Mozart Requiem have been merged when they shouldn’t have been. They are two different completions of the requiem (Süßmayr and Beyer) and it should be easy to split the recording, as only one track has been merged (so we can look at each release and check which completion all the other tracks have). What’s the best way to resolve this? Should I create a new recording and put all the recordings of the Beyer in it and leave the Süßmayr in the other one?
I just entered edits to remove several Disc IDs from this release. The first 3, from several days ago, I’m pretty confident about, since their total times were 20+ seconds different. The other 7 are all pre-NGS additions, and they are all attached to several releases (more than 10, in most cases). But they are all within a second or two of the one I have confirmed by my in-hand release, so I’m not as confident in my edit. So I’m just asking for some eyes to make sure I haven’t gone overboard. I only hit the ones where I can see when they were added in Edit History.
A few I would leave as they still seem to have the same TOC. Edit history shows only one other DiscID ever added to this release and that has a single track one second different to @Beckfield’s TOC. So I’d keep that one at least.
But as I replied in the edit notes - strongly believe napalm is often best used on a release with 17 discIDs…
I think you meant “post-NGS,” and, yes, I didn’t delete that one. There are also a few that apparently weren’t directly added to this release – probably came from merges or something – which I chose to leave alone.