#MetaBrainz Meeting 2018-06-11
Last week I worked on creating
artist_credit clusters It’s almost done I’ll create a PR soon. Just dealing with the part of handling anomalies.
artist_credit clusters is the difficult part after that release clusters will be created in almost exactly the same way as recording clusters. I plan to get that done this week. And I also worked on reviews of
LB-367, and LB-352.
This week I finished up my work on producer-consumer model. Last week I had finished the asyncCluster module which now enable any producer (and consumer) to run in parallel!
The core functionality for OpenLibrary producers is almost done.
I am currently working on preliminary validation to be done by consumers.
As consumers are also generic, the present consumer design, validation and db interaction can be used for all the future data sources
Apart from this, I designed the basic
queue object, which is the format the producers of any data source must produce
I also built LB and poked around.
I’d like to work with d3 in future there!
Spent thursday to sunday at a festival and the rest of the week messing around with pandas and plotly to get my spam data visualizations to a point where I’m happy with them
as promised, here’s a graph on bio lengths from last wednesday
interestingly enough there seems to be almost a gaussian distribution around bio lengths of 3.5k with some outliers to the shorter side
more stuff to come soon!