So I’ve been wanting to dive into messing more around with the “raw” data of MusicBrainz for a while, and I’ve finally gotten started on it. One of the things I wanted was to see if it was possible to revive some of the bots that we used to have scour the database and fix up obvious derps and outdated data bits…
This led me to create…
FresoBot is, code‐wise, a fork of @murdos’ fork of @lukz’
musicbrainz-bot written in Python (2). FresoBot has a few (so far minor) updates/touch-ups to the codebase, but most importantly, it has a new script/module:
After some testing, I’m now letting the bot free on MusicBrainz.org. To begin with, I’ve only let it do 25 edits. I looked them over myself, and they all look good to me, but I’m not going to let it do more for now until everyone else has had a chance to look its edits over, so please give https://musicbrainz.org/user/FresoBot/edits a look.
If no one has complained about any of its edits by tomorrow morning (say, about 12 hours from now), I’ll let it do 50 more then. If no one has any complaints/objections 24 hours from that, I’ll let it do 100/day. @yvanzo tells me «there are about 5K URLs to be cleaned up», so it should be doable to get Spotify URLs cleared up in a couple of months at that rate, without flooding the edit queue at the same time.
I hope you will all welcome @FresoBot nicely! ️
PS. This bot is written on my own time and not as part of my MetaBrainz contract. The MetaBrainz Foundation is not involved in the bot’s development in any way.