Import from Discogs

EXCELLENT. So it wasn’t the bananas, it was the cookies. Nice one @st3v3p

1 Like

I logged on with my facebook to discogs and its working again. Damn you are fantastic

I am so happy thank you so much all

2 Likes

4a00bc6361ef930ec24482c1adf901d6--blond-amsterdam-big-hugs

2 Likes

You can throw those adverts away again now. Sounds like soggy cookies. I think Discogs are messing around with their login system at the moment, so this could be related. I hadn’t noticed those huge grey boxes before when logged out. Guess they getting more aggressive with their adverts and may just have tripped up the placing of the button.

2 Likes

We need to get bigger then Discogs so we dont need them anymore. :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

We are al ready better… now bigger

5 Likes

im lucky that my mac was logged in and my pc was not or i may not have noticed it :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you think your ad blocker is to aggressive try ublock origin i have not had a problem with it

Thanks ST i have downloaded that add blocker

1 Like

Discogs will always have their usefulness. At the very least it keeps a different type of madness over there. Haha!

@st3v3p puzzles like this are all about spotting those little differences that are not obvious on first looks. When I first flipped my test to my tagging PC I had those big grey boxes when not logged in too.

The lesson to learn is not to let your cookies get stale. I always discard mine at the end of each session. (And what’s a “Facebook”? but that’s for another thread… lolz)

I also use ublock orgin here as it is one of the best there is. But being a geek I have a Pi-Hole blocking way more data. Its why disabling ublock on that page comically made no difference at all for me.

1 Like

Never thought I would miss a button sooooo sooooo much

2 Likes

only have fakebook for logon to a game or discgos :slight_smile:

1 Like

All the other pink sprinkles were missing too. Plus MB would have been missing out on classic 1972 compilations.

BTW - while in the discogs land, do you have this Max Image script?

Very handy for grabbing hi-res images from Discogs when they have them instead of being stuck with 600x600 images

2 Likes

thanks for that ill grab that i did not have it

That image tool can be very useful. Though I am no expert on it. To get the largest res version I find I have to go to the Edit Images page and click the VIEW buttons with middle mouse wheel to open it in a new window. This then triggers the addon for me, but I am sure there is a simpler route. :smiley:

Usefully, when on the Edit Images page I get to see if there are larger images available. The Dutch example above is only 600x600 images anyway which Discosg give you by default.

2 Likes

how does that work Ivan?

2 Likes

@Tiske_Tisja Due to having my time travelling psychic abilities turned up to the max today I answered your question before you asked it. LOLz

1 Like

yeah you did but I’m a dumb Dutch blonde and I dont understand

2 Likes

Okay. The trick is that Discogs will only show you a 600x600 image even if they have a higher res version. With your Dutch example above this makes no difference as they only have 600x600 images stored.

With other albums (https://www.discogs.com/release/15771199-Peace) you can get MUCH higher resolution images out of Discogs. You just need a tool like this to manipulate the URLs for you.

Lets use the my copy of the Levellers - Peace I uploaded big images for a few months back.

Go to EDIT RELEASE, then EDIT IMAGES: https://www.discogs.com/release/15771199-Peace/images/update

Now notice the dimensions of the artwork.

If you click on it, it just gives you a small 600x600 version.

Instead, Middle Click on the VIEW button (or Right click and Open in New Tab - depending on browser)

Now look at that new tab. Big images ready to save.

Even better, ask @st3v3p and I predict he will just say “Right click an image, open in new tab” and it will work from anywhere in Discogs and not just the edit page.

The key is - get an image to open in a new window and the addon swaps it to the biggest available. (And not just from Discogs)

2 Likes

beware you dont drain you time travelling psychic abilities

2 Likes