Import from Discogs

if you right click an image and open it in a new tab it will try and take you to the lagest vershon of that image

2 Likes

Thanks @st3v3p - I knew there was a quicker wayā€¦ and will now nick this comment and add it to my above instructions.

I still liked working from the main Edit Images page as when grabbing a whole albums work of artwork it is quicker to ā€œOpen in Background Tabā€ with my mouse wheel, but then that may just be the custom setup I have in Vivaldi.

Sweeet now I can replace alot off bad bad covers TY. Have you got more of those nice add-ons?

2 Likes

Not all albums have higher quality art as Discogs used to be a 600x600 max for many years. Our blonde friend at the start of this thread is only 600x600 and nothing better. So that means firing up your own scanner there to improve her.

We are starting to go a mile off topic here and will be told off soon. LOLs.

There are better experts on these than me. I do recommend FUNKEY ILLUSTRATED RECORDS, SUPER MIND CONTROL II X TURBO, INLINE STUFF as must have. Probably that first one too.

It gets to a point you throw lots of addons at the browser to make this a more usable place then forgot which ones you added and why. A search of the forum for those titles should find better threads about them, but I may add some links shortly once I have made a coffee. (I was trying to make lunch two hours ago when @st3v3p threw up the bat signalā€¦ :bat: Hahaā€¦)

FUNKEY ILLUSTRATED RECORDS: mb. FUNKEY ILLUSTRATED RECORDS
SUPER MIND CONTROL II X TURBO: mb. SUPER MIND CONTROL ā…” X TURBO

Just look at @jesus2099 's page: jesus2099
Or @murdos GitHub - murdos/musicbrainz-userscripts: Collection of userscripts for MusicBrainz, by various authors (his Set Comments is a huge time saver and you already use his Discogs import)

Donā€™t over do it as there are LOADS of these kinds of things and some of them you can make a right mess with if you are not careful. So pick just a few at a time.

We should probably split this off to a new thread if it starts a conversation of its ownā€¦

2 Likes

whaha before we get kickedā€¦ I will shut up and get some coffee

All of you thank you so much again. You have made my day better again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Donā€™t forget - only fresh cookies with the coffee. Donā€™t want any stale ones.

And always a pleasure to help.

index

1 Like

Love this one: SUPER MIND CONTROL II X TURBO:

the ones i have and use a lot

Iā€™ve just flagged my post up there as needing to be looked at to try and get a mod to split this into a new thread to talk about userscriptsā€¦

1 Like

The most comfortable way which I have found to download multiple images is to open ā€œMore Imagesā€ in a new tab (click with mouse wheel, left click only triggers the pop-up) and then click ā€œReplace imagesā€ in the addonā€™s own menu. Now you can simply save all images that are shown on the page using your preferred method (right click & ā€œSave Imageā€ for each, open them in a new tab and make your browser directly download all image files, ā€œView Page Infoā€ ā†’ ā€œMediaā€ and save all images from there, temporarily save the whole webpage in its own folder etc.)

More Images IMU menu

2 Likes

Knipsel

Of course, there are more once I am on the Edit Relationships pageā€¦

(I really should look back at what some of these doā€¦ what is a list destroyer for? Ah, yeah, that hides those stoopid long lists of digital release countries)

If I display the dashboard like @st3v3p I need three screenshots as it donā€™t find on one page!

1 Like

lmao :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

owell i would love to stay and talk but bed is calling it is almost 12:30 am here in CQ

sleep well nice dreams :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I can manage to wake up an admin we can turn this into a useful thread about userscripts.

On a Release page I also have things like ā€œSet Recording Commentsā€. I do a lot of live bootleg editing and that lets me pop the same comments into each recording on the page without needing to open each recording one by one by hand.

Also ā€œCompare AcoustIDs easierā€ is the one I think makes the numbers more visible and clickable. Especially handy when merging recordings.

I knew I had a proper link somewhere:

1 Like

Go to bed !! whahahahahaha

We also need to find some one to make a import script for https://www.muziekweb.nl/

So who can we ask :heart_eyes: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m having the same issue as OP. Iā€™ve tried clearing my cookies (I donā€™t have a Discogs account so the log out/log in trick wonā€™t work for me) but it doesnā€™t help. I havenā€™t been able to import any releases from Discogs since this started ~3 days ago.

Iā€™m running Chrome on macOS 11.1, if it matters.