I have a few 100 track classical compilations that I need to add to MB.
- Get tracklist from wikipedia and reformat to suit paste into manual track listing
- Create release in MB
- Add medium
- Paste correct tracks for the correct CD and import
- Read track lengths from booklet and type into each track listing in Tracklist
- Click on each Artist and bring up existing MBID (easy, normally the first hit in the pop-up)
- In Recordings, click edit.
- In another tab, search for one of the artists credited in the booklet, go to their recordings, and copy the link from the existing MB recording (NB, so far all of the tracks in the compilations are already in MB).
- Back in the new edit, paste the URL.
And that’s pretty much it - this process takes about 30mins. For a 100-track 10-CD compilation there goes 3 hours.
Can anyone suggest a better/programmatic way of accomplishing this?