Which secondary type for release group with different types of releases?

Hi there, I’ve been cleaning up the releases for this Japanese idol group and reached a crossroad trying to decide if I should specify secondary types to the release groups. The reason being that within each release group, physical releases usually come with a DVD/BluRay with different contents; some may be video recordings of a live concert; some may be interviews; and others may be skits. All these different releases with different secondary types within the same release group.

An example is the release group Am I ready?. The contents of the BluRay medium in its TYPE-A and TYPE-B releases are video recordings from 2 concert events; whereas the contents of the BluRay medium in its TYPE-C and TYPE-D releases are video interviews. The remaining releases within the release group are simply the usual music recordings with no need for a secondary type.

Here, I’d like to ask for opinions with regards to this issue. How should I best specify the secondary type of such a release group? Should I include all the possible secondary types available, i.e. live and interview, or should I not specify any secondary types at all?

I found a seemingly related forum question, but the solution is not appropriate for this issue since the release group only has a single release.

2 Likes

Secondary types are not to be mistaken as “secondary” or bonus content. They should still describe the primary content of the releases.

5 Likes

Right, that makes more sense. If that’s the case then the answer would to be to not specify any secondary type for these release groups. Thanks for the help!

1 Like