Quick and easy way to add Recording dates to Artists and Recordings

So I added a classical Release or two.
And missed out adding the dates when the Artist was Recorded.

Is there a quick way to ad this info to all the track artists and Recordings in a Release?

2 Likes

Not that Iā€™m aware of, but the paste-a-date user script helps

5 Likes

In the relationship editor, if you have SUPER TURBO script with TRACKLIST_TOOLS enabled, you can add dates to all checked recordingā€work relationships (Editing menu > Set selected worksā€™ recording dates).
Then you use the standard YYYY or YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY-MM-DD YYYY-MM-DD (for date range) formats.
It is a little buggy if one work is used several times and you donā€™t wanā€™t it to get the same date but it helps.

If you want to add dates on recordingā€artist (instruments) relationships, you can use the same script to remove some of the current relationships (Editing menu > Remove recording relationships) then reā€add them with dates.
Itā€™s a little bit cumbersome with many relationships I usually prefer editing them one by oneā€¦ :confused:
Maybe @loujin has a better script for this case

4 Likes

Batch-propagate recording dates sounds like what youā€™re asking for :slight_smile:

Shameless plug for my old but still mostly relevant post:

6 Likes

NOW you lot tell meā€¦ I spent a weekend doing hundreds of these by hand. :rofl: One a double album. With multiple artists, and different dates or date range for each itemā€¦

I knew you script wizards would have a better wayā€¦:fairy: (Couldnā€™t find a wizardā€¦ so a fariy was the nearest thing with a wandā€¦)

4 Likes