MusicBrainz Magic Tagger Button is a browser user script that aims to simplify the handling of the green tagger button that is shown on MusicBrainz sites to load a release or recording into Picard.
- If you load a MusicBrainz release or recording page in your browser while Picard is running, it will automatically activate the tagger integration and enable the green tagger buttons
- If you click a green tagger button, it will change the button’s icon to indicate whether the release or recording could be sent to Picard or whether there was an error .
This came out of the discussion at Bring me a green tagger button!
This is a user script that you install in your browser using a user script manager such as Greasemonkey, Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey. Please see the Github page for details on how to use this:
- You should use Picard 2.6 Beta 2 or later. For earlier versions of Picard this will not work in most browsers (except for Firefox)
- You should use a current version of a reasonable modern browser. This has been tested on latest versions of Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera and Vivaldi using Greasemonkey, Violentmonkey and Tampermonkey. Other browsers might not be supported
- In particular Apple Safari is not supported
- It is recommended that you use the default configuration for the browser integration in Picard. That means the “Default listening port” in Options > Advanced > Network > Browser integration should be set to 8000. At the very minimum it must be set to a value between 8000 and 8010.