Merge duplicate recordings between two editions of the same album with “mb. MASS MERGE RECORDINGS”

I can second that. It’s definitely better now than it was before. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I tried the script on Firefox for Android with Violentmonkey, and… It worked!!

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem as described by @HibiscusKazeneko with Version 2019.8.26 - it gets stuck in a loop of “Did not queue”
I’m using Greasemonkey 4.9 on Firefox 69.0 (64-Bit) / Windows 10
Tried to merge https://musicbrainz.org/release/407d74ce-4950-4dd0-838a-a23df4256775 with https://musicbrainz.org/release/33cbc7fb-2f66-3f38-9760-ea43a68cd607

I just once again realized how much work cleaning up a release group without this script is. So i would be glad if this could be fixed.

1 Like

@goch @HibiscusKazeneko
It should be fixed with version 2019.9.18.

2 Likes

works very well - thank you for fixing it!

3 Likes

Use to be a avid user of MASS MERGE RECORDINGS script, but since a few months back haven’t been able to, because of the mandatory edit note.

Thought I’ll give it another go.
MASS MERGE RECORDINGS version 2019.9.18 keeps coming back with:
“Proper edit note missing.” when it definitely is there, what ever length it is.

Tried it with lastest versions of:
Opera + Tampermonkey
Firefox + Tampermonkey
Firefox + Greasemonkey

runnig on Win7 x64

jesus2099 help!

1 Like

These releases are two editions of the same album. Target is the normal edition while source, released same month, contains bonus trucks.

This kind of edit note should work.

2 Likes

forgot to mention previous attemps was giving the “Did not queue” as reports by others.
now its the “Proper edit note missing.”

just tried it on these releases.

Please paste your edit note here - or better, in a github issue - I’ll try to reproduce.

Been messing around trying to debug the script.
In tampermonkey when I set the logging level to “Debug” it worked. see above releases.
But when I set it back to “Error” it doesn’t.

Not sure whats doing on.

1 Like

I have to try with Tampermonkey (and Greasemonkey you say also) to reproduce.
Can you leave this logging level to Debug, just for this script?
If so, you have your workaround :wink: until I have time to reproduce and fix it:

Is there any way this script could indicate average times of merged recordings as well as the times on the two specific releases you’re looking at? Because sometimes comparing two releases everything looks fine, but then you get an edit like this, where the actual variance in times is significant enough to warrant a closer look.

1 Like

Yes I agree we need that, completely. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Trying to merge these two dvds:

The script wasn’t happy with the length of my comment and kept throwing the error message over and over and over. I had to clear it way more times than the number of tracks I was trying to merge. Something haywire there?

1 Like
3 Likes

The mass-merge script appears to be getting stuck on “Fetching recordings…” and not progressing for me. I’m not sure what exactly is causing this, but it could have something to do with recent server changes.

@jesus2099, it would also be nice if we didn’t have to type something in the edit note box in order to be allowed to cancel the merge process.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s the case. The pending edits script is also affected. I sent jesus2099 a message about this on 2019-12-21 and offered extensive logs (still have those). Apparently it has something (regex?) to do with how the edit pages are formatted.

Edit:
Found a solution for the pending edits script problem. Line 148 was at fault.
Replaced
/[^<>]+(?=<\/bdi><\/a><\/h2>)/g
with
/(?<=<a href="\/edit\/\d+"><bdi>)[^<>]+(?=<\/bdi><\/a><\/h2>)/g
Works like a charm using Chrome. No more timeouts.

Unfortunately positive lookbehind doesn’t seem to be supported by all browsers yet.

2 Likes

I noticed and fixed a regression that looks like this two days ago and published the fix yesterday.
Tell me if it’s fixed for you as well.

2 Likes

Looks like it works!
It took me a second to remember how to manually update it, though. Tampermonkey didn’t realize an update was available.

2 Likes

Maybe remove it from Tampermonkey and install it again, for next auto-updates to work correctly?