Merge duplicate recordings between two editions of the same album with “mb. MASS MERGE RECORDINGS”

I have just found your email back but could not reproduce.
I will create a new topic for PENDING EDITS soon, as it’s off topic here.
If you have a github account, it’s preferable to report bugs there as I am not really into emails, they quickly get lost in an ocean of emails.

1 Like

I had exactly the same problems: First MMR refused to load releases (with multiple media in my case, those with just a single medium seemed to work). After I read this thread, I had to manually update the script (this worked automatically so far) and that fixed the issue for me too.
Thank you @jesus2099!

2 Likes

Just to be complete, it was remote releases which release group had pending edits that were blocked.

Because of, and it looks like a bug in MBS, or a slightly strange thing, at least:

The release group link in release page is now always marked as span.name-variation because indeed see all versions of this release is necessarily always different from actual release group title. :thinking:

My fix should not break if this oddity is removed in the future.

1 Like

Yeah, that also describes my scenario (the above was just an assumption of mine).

I guess this is the reason why these links are now underlined in dashed style the way different track and recording titles are highlighted :worried:

1 Like

Already reported last year:

1 Like

You are severe. Last year, in fact 3 weeks ago, and it probably went live near the day I noticed it and fixed the script. :wink:

7 Likes

I just noticed a new issue with the script: if a momentary disconnection (error 0 or ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED) occurs, the script will get stuck on “Checking merge” and fail to progress. There’s no way to get it moving again without refreshing the page and starting over.

2 Likes
3 Likes

@HibiscusKazeneko you don’t have a GitHub user, do you?

So you see:

Checking merge (…)…

And then you see:

Retrying in 2s (error 0 “ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED”)…

That’s it?

2 Likes

No, I don’t have a GitHub account.
That’s pretty much the error message I see (I only caught a glimpse of the first half, but that part looks exactly right).

2 Likes

Which one do you see, of you can remember?

Checking merge (error 0 “ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED”)…

Or

Checking merge (Did not merge)…

And does it keeps retrying, showing you messages Checking merge and Retrying in 2s continuously?

1 Like

I think it’s the top one; the merge went through, but it wouldn’t move on to the next one.

2 Likes

It should be fixed now!
Thanks very much for the useful report, @HibiscusKazeneko .

3 Likes

i have the “Checking merge and Retrying in 2s continuously” error. is there a workaround?

1 Like

Something must have changed in MBS and I must update the script.
I will check next time I need a merge.

I tested on test.MusicBrainz.org and it worked, there.

You can try reloading the page.
Maybe it’s just a random glitch.

Or it’s a bug with a specific release?

Update

Iceraven, Violentmonkey

I did test on MBS MusicBrainz.org now I see what you mean.
Merges are done, but it displays strange errors like Did not merge and Did not queue.
I’ll check that.

No troubles on MB.org, Vivaldi, Violent Monkey. Been hitting some large ones too which have involved merging into huge 23 disc boxsets. Running smooth (and another thank you for such a time saving tool)

1 Like

There was a bug.
I have just fixed it now with version 2021.2.1 that should come soon in your browsers. :wink:

As I said, the merges were still queued but the script thought there was an error.
So it checked each and every merges, leading to more requests and slower overall process.

7 Likes

thank you, i updated it to the latest version (respect for running it on your phone btw)

unfortunately it still didn’t work. i tried to merge again the two in this group:

and then for fun i tried these two here, which also didn’t work out :confused:

maybe there are some restrictions to my account? or can it be browser related? (ff 85.0)

1 Like

Might be just you? I was able to successfully put in merge edits for https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/c9512ebc-109f-3729-aec4-5645a4b19059 – this is using Chrome, however.

1 Like

Strange.

Try to manually merge recordings to see.

I’m in Firefox 68.11.0 on Android, OK.
And in Firefox 78.7.0esr (64 bits) on Debian 10 Xfce, OK too.

Hmmm. I don’t know if I can have a more recent Firefox…

It’s OK also in Vivaldi (which is also based on Chromium, like @bflaminio).

1 Like