MB Community Team ♥

I randomly came across this which kinda knocked my socks off, enough to revive the Community Team!

Check out what @subtlecoolness has done with this podcast series.

I know first hand how arduous it is to add a long podcast series. Brilliant job :tada:

9 Likes

Thanks @aerozol ! Your comment inspired me to go back and check, and… I started work on that series 4 years ago! Just part of my life background tasks to add new episodes as they come out now.

9 Likes

Wow, came across some edits by @nlg734, amazing!

Submits their own beautiful scans, and my kinda attention to detail with digital downloads :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thanks! I’m glad the work I put into some of this is appreciated - I’ve definitely enjoyed working on adding to MusicBrainz, we even bought a new scanner so I could get better quality scans.

Sometimes the digital downloads are the hardest to work with, since some of those get changed up (looking at you, certain Bandcamp releases).

4 Likes

What a nice idea for a thread!

I’ll give a shout out to @ladywhiskers94 (MB Profile). I have seen them working hard in my KPop subscriptions often this year. And lately I have seen them working on cleaning up a particularly messy situation with the group BIGBANG. Thank you for all your hard work!

7 Likes

just want to give @CyberSkull a high-five for adding work aliases to the entire Pokemon Red/Green/Blue soundtrack (and likely others I haven’t come across yet)~

7 Likes

I guess it’s to be expected from MusicBrainz’ all-time top editor, but still impressive!

I don’t think I’ve had a (daily) subscription email crack 1k edits for an entity before:

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: @TheBookkeeper

7 Likes

I’m a totally newbie in here. I find all this community trully inspiring! Thank you so much!

9 Likes

Shout-out to @Vac31, @UltimateRiff and @DontMindMe for always helping out with my noob questions!!

Thanks everyone who is taking their time to answer and guide new users here!

11 Likes

Wanted to shout out @afrocat for being so patient and helping guide me with the very confusing guidelines for remixes and aiding me to become a better editor over time

11 Likes

Wowww, look at all the events that @RVMWSN has added for the VERA venue!!

It seems like they get a incredible band (or two) in every weekend - I think I’m moving to Groningen…

6 Likes

I want to shout out a new CritiqueBrainz user.

Usually I’m just sifting through spam on CB, but @kirk781 has been giving me lots of nice reviews to read, starting this year! Check them out here.

And another high-five for @sound.and.vision, who still posts the occasional highly entertaining review for me too. See their reviews here. I always love a good 1/5 review!

5 Likes

Thank you! I originally used to rate albums and even bootlegs on RateYourMusic but then ultimately shifted to AllMusic and this site. I wish to some day write in depth reviews [like track by track ones of say, my favorite albums ]. Meanwhile, I just hope more folks find their way onto here.

7 Likes