MB Community Team ♥

Big shout out to @ROpdebee who did a superb job dissecting and cleaning up the mess of agency work codes

I’ve already noticed them at the end of last year doing countless of style related fixes, merging and voting quite a lot.

8 Likes

Just wanted to say a personal thanks to @chaban for quickly approving some of my edits to fix featured artists in track titles. I don’t know how they do it, but somehow my new edits are constantly getting approved the next time I check on them.

chaban is a name known even by some of my good friends who edit on MB. Your massive contributions and donated time don’t go unnoticed my friend.

13 Likes

Shout out to @Albino-Gaming who is relentlessly chugging away adding one release after another almost every day incl. cover art and ISRCs.
Also making fixes to existing stuff, merging dupes and upgrading cover art of digital releases that falls into their area of interest.

8 Likes

It’s long overdue, a big thanks to @Avamander who has done crazy work with the Big Finish Productions audiobooks/dramas, since his first edit to the label in 2017, contributing ‘Dr Who: Horrors of Glam Rock:laughing:
And @eloise_freya who I’ve noticed contributing there with excellent edits for a while now as well.

This is what 27 pages of British audio releases looks like!

There is an audiobook-documenting shaped gap in the internet right now and adding this volume of cult releases goes a huge way towards making MB the place to fill it.

7 Likes

Congratulations to @chaban for reaching the first rank of the top voters of all time :1st_place_medal:

The one-million mark of total votes (excluding abstentions) is approaching quickly :exploding_head:

22 Likes

I am limited to manually noodling about with MB data and in my years here it’s been shown over and over that someone with a good head for data and a good feel for code can be worth 1,000 manual editors*

@MrClon is definitely one of those people! His Bandcamp data import thread is my favourite at the moment. Every time he posts it seems like there’s a whole new ocean of data about to be sifted! 200,000+ tags added the other day by MrClon.bot - WHAT THE… :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

*when it comes to certain tasks or bits of data - manual editors are of course needed for countless tasks and aspects nand you can’t have enough x

14 Likes

Shout out to Senax who suddenly left the project last week.
17 years he has been contributing to MusicBrainz and was an auto-editor for nearly 10 years.

He was focused on new artist additions going through the releases and relationships. Apparently he also worked on some reports regularly.

Tons upon tons of edits ensuring data meets basic quality standards. Merging dupes, removing spam and links where they don’t belong. Fixing lots of common mistakes by beginners, etc.
He didn’t make it to the top 10 of editors just for show, Senax meant business.

20 Likes

Sorry to hear it, Senax was a huge contributor.

5 Likes

There’s probably others, but it looks like @IAmTheBlackMetal, @mr44er and usual suspect @holesovice are slowly but surely importing the entirety of Metal Archives :skull_and_crossbones:

Amazing effort!!

11 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout :pray: I’m just adding them as I find them missing. Contrary to the name it’s mostly Old School Death Metal demos.

8 Likes

Woooooww @iolomorganwg

Perfect edit history from what I see - great edit notes, release relationships, full scans (!), even typographical apostrophes :grin:

What a incredibly valuable musicbrainz editor!

10 Likes

I really want to give a shout out to @teethfairy, who has only been active (according to their MB profile) since late last year, but has added an unusually fun :scream: feel to the MB forums of late. @UltimateRiff also caught the bug, and the two of you have been making things more lively than I can ever remember, as well as a bunch of others - @sound.and.vision, @IvanDobsky, and plenty of the other regulars.

So nice to chat with a bunch of you on the unofficial MusicBrainz Discord that teeth fairy made as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

:pleading_face: this means so much to me friend!! & right back at you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ive felt super welcome here these past 5 months ! long live the UMBD :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

why thank you kindly~ :cowboy_hat_face:

long live the UMBD and long live FishBrainz! :fish:

9 Likes

You can never have too many obscure Fish Based facts… :tropical_fish:
(and I was a few clicks away from registering FishBrainz.org but .orgs are overpriced)

5 Likes

Look at these ridiculous releases done by @slipmaxim :exploding_head:

Each one probably has more relationships than I’ve done in my life haha. Genuinely inspiring to see!!

9 Likes

Aw, thanks man. Still glad I’m not into classical-music releases :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Speaking of classical releases; big shoutout to @reosarevok for being amazing, editing loads (being in the top 10 forever), always helping newbie classical adders, creating such toolkits and more.
Also, for being a great and patient friend :raised_hands:

7 Likes

Bless to the ones going through the mountains of K-pop, especially the DeuKae entries that I use a lot for reference like @novchar and @Maxr1998 who keep the lovely Nightmare Queens constantly updated, including concert sets and DVDs. Just hats off to them.

Also thanks to @UltimateRiff and @jesus2099 for trying to answer my undoubtedly bizarre questions!

8 Likes

Thanks for the shout-out! And I agree, novchar has been doing a lot of great work.

Gonna use the occasion in this newly found thread to express my gratitude towards @Deleted_Editor_1807782, who also creates and edits a ton of K-pop releases, with high quality and also very timely. Frequently, when I want to submit a new release, I see it already exists. Highly appreciate it!

7 Likes