MB Community Team ♥

One of the editors I admire most is @oparin1954, because they do an incredible job by uploading the complete artwork for many big box sets and collector’s editions – sometimes more than a hundred high-res images per release :exploding_head:
I don’t know how many hours this takes, but they must scan much faster than I do and therefore I really appreciate that work :+1:

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Allowing entry of artists without first entering a release

Shout out to @jesus2099, who walks among us dispensing user scripts that I forget I have until I use a different browser and get confused! Not to mention all the edits…

15 Likes

In the lonely world of my open edits pages there is sometimes a small ‘1’ in the darkness… that is often @Fabe56 checking in on my edits and leaving a vote <3

There are many other who I will mention eventually but Fabe56 is the current regular!

5 Likes

Héhé thanks @aerozol, even if sometimes I pass quickly and abstain a lot :wink:
And thank you, too, for all the excellent work you’ve done here.

1 Like

Shout out to @Akeldama, who continuously cleans up DistroKid (and other digital distributor labels). They are also uploading loads of high quality cover art scans, add new releases, fix and merge stuff.
What’s more is that they make use of the voting system :slight_smile:

When I started cleaning up DistroKid there were ca. 10 pages. I was nearly half way through and the next time I looked all the remaining stuff was done by them.

12 Likes

Wanted to give a huge shout to @rdswift who has been consistently helpful when people ask questions on the forums, and is one of the few amazing people who came as editors and then stayed to put their criticisms into action - particularly with his work around improving documentation.

The reason Bob stands out for me personally is because we seriously butted heads on something early on but I am so glad he stuck around :grinning:

15 Likes

@viper666 is another regular who votes on my stuff on and off - for years now!

Way back they first popped up on my subscriptions, with tons of edits related to metal artists, usually uploading excellent scans :heart_eyes: Too good.

11 Likes

I’m glad to be part of this awesome community while contributing with what i can :smiley:

7 Likes

@aerozol, welcome back to the MB community team this week, but also for cracking 100k edits, only took you 11 years :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

@Chilkara, 4 pages of edits on Austin Wintory that I got to watch happen, always so nice when you get a notification and then new edits are popping up when you’re there!! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

@TheBookkeeper, congratulations for your 3 millions edits!

:confetti_ball:

14 Likes

Thank you loujin, your excellent scripts helped a lot to reach it!

10 Likes

Big shout out to @ROpdebee who did a superb job dissecting and cleaning up the mess of agency work codes

I’ve already noticed them at the end of last year doing countless of style related fixes, merging and voting quite a lot.

8 Likes

Just wanted to say a personal thanks to @chaban for quickly approving some of my edits to fix featured artists in track titles. I don’t know how they do it, but somehow my new edits are constantly getting approved the next time I check on them.

chaban is a name known even by some of my good friends who edit on MB. Your massive contributions and donated time don’t go unnoticed my friend.

13 Likes

Shout out to @Albino-Gaming who is relentlessly chugging away adding one release after another almost every day incl. cover art and ISRCs.
Also making fixes to existing stuff, merging dupes and upgrading cover art of digital releases that falls into their area of interest.

8 Likes

It’s long overdue, a big thanks to @Avamander who has done crazy work with the Big Finish Productions audiobooks/dramas, since his first edit to the label in 2017, contributing ‘Dr Who: Horrors of Glam Rock:laughing:
And @eloise_freya who I’ve noticed contributing there with excellent edits for a while now as well.

This is what 27 pages of British audio releases looks like!

There is an audiobook-documenting shaped gap in the internet right now and adding this volume of cult releases goes a huge way towards making MB the place to fill it.

7 Likes

Congratulations to @chaban for reaching the first rank of the top voters of all time :1st_place_medal:

The one-million mark of total votes (excluding abstentions) is approaching quickly :exploding_head:

22 Likes

I am limited to manually noodling about with MB data and in my years here it’s been shown over and over that someone with a good head for data and a good feel for code can be worth 1,000 manual editors*

@MrClon is definitely one of those people! His Bandcamp data import thread is my favourite at the moment. Every time he posts it seems like there’s a whole new ocean of data about to be sifted! 200,000+ tags added the other day by MrClon.bot - WHAT THE… :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

*when it comes to certain tasks or bits of data - manual editors are of course needed for countless tasks and aspects nand you can’t have enough x

14 Likes

Shout out to Senax who suddenly left the project last week.
17 years he has been contributing to MusicBrainz and was an auto-editor for nearly 10 years.

He was focused on new artist additions going through the releases and relationships. Apparently he also worked on some reports regularly.

Tons upon tons of edits ensuring data meets basic quality standards. Merging dupes, removing spam and links where they don’t belong. Fixing lots of common mistakes by beginners, etc.
He didn’t make it to the top 10 of editors just for show, Senax meant business.

20 Likes