Master thread: Is my IP blocked / IP blacklisted / VPN blocked / QNAP / Can't connect to Musicbrainz.org / Picard doesn't work on home network

Hi. Recently I discovered this site on work, but cannot access at home. I think is a problem with the IP (I can connect with Opera VPN).
Can you check please?
My public IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Thank you

Hi,

this IP doesn’t appear to be blacklisted on our side. If the problem persists, can you provide a traceroute output?

Sorry, I pasted wrong IP (following the top link).
Real public IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Thank you

This IP was in our QNAP blacklist, it is now removed, you should be able to access all our services now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

WoW It Works!
One thousand Thanks!!!

1 Like

I have used Picard in the past on my library, it has been at least a couple years since I have used picard.

It seems my IP is banned, currently I can access musicbrainz.org from my moms house which is a few blocks away from my house, but I cannot access it at home.

Please send me a PM or reply to this post and I can PM you my home IP address.

I really appreciate any help with this, thank you.

1 Like

If you have a QNAP NAS device you might have ended up on the blacklist, see

https://community.metabrainz.org/t/cant-connect-to-musicbrainz-org-website-and-picard-doesnt-check-music-on-home-network/

@zas would be the one who can help with this.

1 Like

Thanks, I do not have a QNAP device, my NAS is just an ubuntu server with mdadm. I hope @Zas will still be able to help.

I just found MusicBrainz on irc, and sent zas a message there :slight_smile:

1 Like

IP was in a blacklist, now removed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

I use SongKong and I am currently having an issue with processing jobs. SongKong is reporting an error related to not being able to reach MusicBrainz server and the jobs are failing. This is happening on both my Ubuntu server and my MacBook Pro.

Jan 17, 2021, 5:54:23 PM
Problem accessing MusicBrainz Server Connect timed out

I checked the IP you provided on IRC PM, and it isn’t blacklisted on our side.
Are you sure the IP you provided is the correct one as seen by our servers?

Yes, that is the correct IP address.

@ijabz Maybe you can help getting more details on the actual error behind this message? Is this strictly about musicbrainz.org, or could it also be because of e.g. AcoustId.org?

I just tried running a job again and the same timeout occurred.

I got it - snort was blocking traffic, there were a lot of events logged and multiple IP addresses had been added to snort2c, I am assuming MusicBrainz was one of those IP addresses.

1 Like

It is worth noting that SongKong doesnt even use the MusicBrainz webservice since it uses Albunack instead, it does however use Acoustid.

2 Likes

What does it mean?
I never saw that, wow, albunack.net is great!

2 Likes

Its a play on the word - Almanac - Wikipedia (i.e Album nack)

1 Like

…if used properly. Far too often, I see editors using it to submit releases with missing data and no post-editing to fit our guidelines.