Master thread: Is my IP blocked / IP blacklisted / VPN blocked / QNAP / Can't connect to Musicbrainz.org / Picard doesn't work on home network

Hello, my ip is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and I also have qnap NAS. De could you please check if I am blocked? Thanks

Yes, this IP was in the QNAP blacklist, now removed. Sorry for the hassle.

Hi Zas,
I don’t have a QNAP and Picard abruptly stopped connecting to server. My IPv4 is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Can you check if I am blocked and if so what the reason is? Thanks!

Your IP isn’t blacklisted. Can you connect to https://musicbrainz.org using a browser ?

I am having the same problem. Can you see if my IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is on the blacklist?

Thanks

No, this IP isn’t blacklisted.
Can you access https://musicbrainz.org with a browser at all ?

If not, can you provide a traceroute from your host to musicbrainz.org ?

I can access Musicbranz.org website. When I try to populate data using Mp3tag i get the following message:
Error connecting to server: musicbrainz.org

Gone (410)

Any ideas?

Sorry to have bothered you. I downloaded latest version (2.95) of Mp3tag, and all is well.
My apologies.

1 Like

Hello!
I cannot connect from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to musicbrainz.org. Recently I used mp3tag a lot. Can you check if my ip is blacklisted?
Thx!

This IP was in our QNAP IP blacklist, i just removed it, you should now be able to connect and use all our services.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi Zas,

same problem here. No QNAP here, however Musicbrainz Picard is not working and I can access the website only via VPN. My IP is:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Many thanks in advance for your help and keep up the good work.

1 Like

This IP was in our QNAP devices blacklist, I whitelisted it just now, you should be able to access all our services again.

Since this IP is in a dynamic IP pool, it’s very possible it was used by someone having a QNAP device in in the past.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you…

Hi Zas,

I have same problem here, no QNAP. Musicbrainz Picard is not working, can’t acess web. My IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Hi wiruzsez,

I whitelisted your IP, it was in our QNAP devices blacklist. You should now be able to access all our services.

Hey Zas, I think I’ve been blacklisted since I got my new router xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
Btw, I know that there are reasons to block Ip’s, but why does this issue only occur with this site?
Thanks.

I whitelisted this IP (it was in our QNAP devices blacklist). We have blacklisted a bunch of IPs because they were used to query our services though software embedded in some QNAP devices. The problem was solved so new devices (or old ones with recent software) don’t have this software, but many old devices weren’t upgraded and continue to hit our services in an abusive manner. But some users, like you, are impacted, sorry for that.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the quick response and explanation.

Hi Zas,

I just found this thread searching for connection errors. Coincidentally I do have a QNAP Nas. I had no idea that my QNAP would be quering your servers - apologies.

Could you please check to see if IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is blocked?

Cheers

Hi,

this IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) isn’t blacklisted. Which kind of connection errors do you get?