iTunes UPC Database

Ok clear, thank you for the quick answer on it.
Is this access easy to have or do we need to be a professional ?
They said that, we need to send an email to have access to it ? @DanielTB80 do you have personnal or a pro access?

Honestly, I am surprised I have access to the data.
I signed up a couple years ago and stated I wanted to help musicbrainz with content management, purely in a personal role.

There is a link at the top of the page I previously linked to where you can sign up. It looks like the sign-up options have changed since I applied and a quick read through indicates that they possibly have gotten a bit stricter on the approval process based on the requirements I am seeing, but I can’t remember with certainty what the approval requirements were before.

Worst case, apply and see what they have to say. Good luck!

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Looking for info about the URights tool

Does the database include releases that were exclusive to countries other than US?

The binary viewer cannot find this release.

I’ve been able to find many that were. However, they had to exist at the date on the file. The earliest database is 1-9-2020, so if that release was no longer available on iTunes at that point (which looks like the case, since you had to go to archives to find it and it was released in 2012) it wouldn’t be found in the database. In other words, when removed from Apple Music/iTunes, no longer in database. This is why I download all the database updates and even still you’ll find releases that were released and pulled within the 3 months that separate database drops.

2 Likes

Yeah, I did check both the latest and earliest database available and couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Hello all, I am working with the EPF dumps and have written scripts to parse them into CSV files; would anyone find these more convenient than binaries? Happy to share.

I am also looking for an older version of the dumps from around 2010, if you happen to have one please let me know.

5 Likes