Feedback and support thread for the Pulsewidth a-tisket instance

I have noticed that Spotify seems to introduce a new link format with the spotify.link domain. This is not an acceptable format when pasting the link (eg Spotify).

It forwards to the link that we would use on MB. Really no point to add links that forward to new links, IMO.

3 Likes

I’m not a DL release editor and I have muted the digital-media topics.
So I may not see your question, if any needed, unless if you tag me @jesus2099, probably.

It seems there is a wrong tracklist in this tool for this release.

Apple says (seems right when we look at the other editions):

Summer In New York (feat. Skyzoo & Jared Evan)
3:11

Stay Fly (feat. Bun B & C-Scharp)
2:43

Close To Me (feat. Sammy Adams & Mia Jae)
3:04

But Asticket says:

Title Artist credit Duration ISRC

1 Stay Fly
Summer In New York (feat. Skyzoo & Jared Evan)
Termanology 03:11.739
02:43
TCAFQ2143956
2 Summer in New York
Stay Fly (feat. Bun B & C‐Scharp)
Termanology 02:43.404
03:11
TCAFQ2143958
3 Close to Me
Close To Me (feat. Sammy Adams & Mia Jae)
Termanology 03:04.421 TCAFQ2143960

I don’t know what deezer says because… their page doesn’t show times?

It does for me, with

1. Stay Fly 2:43
  2. Summer in New York 3:11

So it seems just a matter of Apple Music and Deezer having the first two tracks swapped, which is in line with what atisket shows.

(Maybe in such cases it would be best to only add the matching link? I guess it could be hard to distinguish between minor differences in spelling or track duration and major switch-ups such as this.)

They swapped the track titles but not the durations, so the imported recordings have wrong durations.
Unfortunately, it imported the wrong version (the Deezer version, if I remember).
I have fixed it: Edit #112144984 - MusicBrainz

This might just be MB being a bit slow today but I’m not sure why this search can’t find the album because the barcode is the same and so are the links:

https://atisket.pulsewidth.org.uk/?preferred_countries=GB%2CUS%2CDE&spf_id=79AOt4a7hOfcjST4GweMNa&upc=8790001193598&preferred_vendor=spf

Is the name too different?

I’m not experiencing any issues. It appears on all three services when I click your link. Yesterday, I encountered difficulties with the iTunes API, and Harmony couldn’t locate it either. However, today, there are no problems. It seems the iTunes API was not responding correctly for some time.

1 Like

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. It can indeed find it on all three services but it can’t see that the album already exists on musicbrainz with the same barcode and everything.

Ohhhhh. Yeah, I see that from time to time unfortunately. It’s not that uncommon :-(. Never understood why it sometimes doesn’t find them

The Deezer API has started returning wrong results. If you look up the barcode of a release that isn’t available in your country, it’s displaying results for a corresponding release that is available, even if it’s a different barcode and tracklist.

4 Likes

I was noticing that earlier today as well. In my case, it was giving me the deluxe version for a release when I was running the standard version. Deezer didn’t even have the standard version, so I think for some reason they started returning a different release if they don’t carry the one you are looking for. At least both a-tisket & harmony gave warning about different barcodes.

3 Likes

Whatever Apple Music album I add to a‐tisket I get a “No results could be retrieved” response, but I have no issue in searching Spotify or Deezer albums. Anyone else?

Harmony has been having a similar issue, so I don’t think it’s just you

Now it worked for me, must have been a temporary glitch!

1 Like

Deezer searching seems to be somewhat broken when it comes to different region IDs.

For example these 2 links:
https://www.deezer.com/album/57722152 (UPC 8429006176533)
https://www.deezer.com/en/album/53342992 (UPC 4250137213125)

They have opposite country availability and different UPCs but when you try to search ID 53342992, it returns the result for ID 57722152 instead, regardless of the preferred country entered.

2 Likes

Go towards end of thread. Unfortunately, Deezer recently changed their API to only show results in the country in which the server running the query is located. Pulsewidth a-tisket is UK based, and Marlon’s original a-tisket (a‐tisket: A multi‐source seeder for digital releases for MusicBrainz) is MX based. If the Deezer release isn’t available in those 2 countries, it’ll return a different Deezer release that is.

2 Likes

I figured as much after playing with the API for a bit after my post.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m using my VPN more than ever now because I can at least go to Deezer’s API directly that way.

1 Like

Could I propose an update? Could the option to add long country lists be removed?

https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/SEARCH-722
https://community.metabrainz.org/t/digital-releases-merging-long-country-list-just-worldwide/440381/377

It seems they still cause problems, and there is a few editors in my subscriptions who insist on changing the default setting and adding the long country lists. And given the problems that it causes to remove them they have to stay (for now) once they’ve been added.

I have seen Reosarevok comment a few times when a large portion of the countries are excluded the lists may have more value, so maybe it could be if more than like x% are available it doesn’t have the option, but if it’s less it will show the option to add them?

1 Like

If they are removed, at least still have it shown in the annotation. It’s valuable info. Not sure why some are still adding them as release events. I usually leave a note with a link to the post about asking us to stop adding them.

3 Likes