Edit Notes for Batch-add "performance of" relationships

// @match ://.musicbrainz.org/artist/*/recordings

I cant add the *, page wont save

Replace:

// @match       *://*.musicbrainz.org/artist/*/recordings

By (just append * without spacing):

// @match       *://*.musicbrainz.org/artist/*/recordings*

Userscript extensions usually allow to modify scripts locally, strange it won’t save?

If not, just wait a bit, I will change it in GitHub soon.

We shouldn’t have to add this but apparently Tampermonkey includes the query string in its path matching… :thinking:

How much is a bit? Me little bit impatience

Not yet to soon but probably today.
Thank you very much for your finding!

In the meantime, temporarily, you can either:

2 Likes

Found out how to save the * and now I see the user script on every page :-). Gonna test now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jesus2099 Look at that… how beautiful

Edit #101081810 - Add relationship

Edit #101081809 - Add relationship

Working like a charm. Thank you so very much. It annoys the *(&**(& out of me when there is no edit note :-). beautiful

3 Likes

You can now install my latest version, if you want: Some examples

3 Likes

Now the Edit Note also contains the button you clicked (the edit mode like new titled work / existing work / new work using recording title / suggested work).
I don’t use this script but it was really missing for me as a reviewer of edits on my release collection.

I have also in parallel restored the lost Work Language list.

So there are two pending updates:

It would be nice that the usual users of this script could test them (they are separate updates).

I explained in an earlier post how to install these test versions.

After good tests, please confirm if it’s OK or NG.
Then we can ping the repo maintainers for them to review as well and eventually merge the versions.

2 Likes

A couple of quick tests, and it seems fine. I’ll give it a work out fully in next few days.

Only question - why do you need to add my browser version? Just privacy reasons I’d rather that was not added. Its not really relevant to the edit note.

Thanks LOADS for doing this change. For example - I often make heavy use of this script when updating works in compilations for a popular artist.

2 Likes

I knew it could irritate some people.
It’s just super handy for when one (me) needs to investigate on some reported bugs.
It saves much time.

But let’s see if others also would like it gone.

2 Likes

I also think it’s a bit odd to add the browser version to the edit note, but I don’t personally have an issue with it. at the very least, it could make sense during testing

I’ll see if I can find an artist I haven’t already created works for and test it out sometime in the next week or so~

edit: I wasn’t terribly patient and have already been testing it out, with no issues so far~

my one comment is a design comment, it seems a bit odd to use the orange heading <h2> (or rather the similar <legend>) for the “Edit note” text, where the rest of the box seems to use a smaller heading <h3>

despite that small design issue, works like a dream~ (pun very much intended)

edit 2: just finished adding all works for a label I recently imported from Bandcamp, and it continues to work like a dream~ looked through the edits and it all seems to work as expected, there were some I added an edit note to, others I didn’t

1 Like

If needed for bug reports then isn’t it easier to just ask? I don’t want to have to go back and keep editing my edit notes for privacy reasons. I know it seems odd to request to remove it, but it is not even accurate. I use Vivaldi so the remote of “Chrome” is technically wrong anyway.

Maybe enable it in a Beta, but not a release version? Thanks.

1 Like

I also use Vivaldi on Windows, Kiwi on Android and Chromium on Raspberry Pi, it’s not that wrong to say chrome, as they all use the same Chromium engine.
There are more or less only firefox, chrome and safari, nowadays.

Yeah it’s what I do but it always delays my search for one day, because I am not often on PC.
But don’t worry, I will remove it.
I just need some time on the PC again to work on this, please keep adding more stuff to correct, I will go through the list.

1 Like

In the coming days I will do my best to break it. :laughing: Thanks for your work on this, and dropping the personal info.

1 Like

I have changed all requested stuff (forum posts by @Tiske_Tisja, @UltimateRiff and @IvanDobsky and GitHub reviews by @kellnerd). :slight_smile:

6 Likes

At the same time I can change the display, tell me which you prefer (first one is no change):

1: no change

2: englobe filters

3: englobe filters + title

I’m indifferent between 2 and 3, but I do like the idea of “englobing” the filters~ it’s actually thrown me off of the built-in filters several times

2 Likes

I would be in favour of option 2, since I don’t really need the heading to know which userscript I am using.

If we go with option 3, I would place it inside the box, either at the top with a bigger font (more title-like) or at the bottom with the smaller font (as a description).

2 Likes

Yes I tried this already before and the first one was taking too much vertical space and the second looked little bit out of place.

I think option 2, also.

2 Likes