Album Aliases - Can Picard map an existing alias for a locale and use that instead?

I searched, but didn’t see anyone ask this (or the search just sucks).

I have a JP album, with an English alias available. I don’t want to make a pseudo-release. Can Picard pull an existing alias from Musicbrainz and map it, like it can do with artists?

No, not currently possible. But there has been a recent code contribution that would enable translations of release and track titles similar to how artist names can be translated based on aliases. So this will come in one of the future versions.

That’s good to hear. I have 2.14.0.dev1 (120-51fdea8c.20251230020319), is it included in there?

No, it will be in Picard 3

@outsidecontext, not sure what are the plans for Picard 3 regarding the input, so I thought to add aliases to Falcon.

You could quickly enter localization for any release using this procedure:

  1. Open release and use Falcon 'Add from.." button to add current page recordings and release
  2. Enter alias for each recording and release itself in UI by hand or export JSON, give to AI and let it translate it.
  3. Submit it

Test: https://test.musicbrainz.org/release/24c5e236-28cd-46d6-b896-43c0de0b888f

1 Like

Tried it in Picard 3 beta, it works:

1 Like