Adding Audio Dramas with known Artist credits instead of [dialogue]

Hi, this is my first question here.
I have tons of Audio Dramas from anime/games and I wish to add them to the database.
My question is about using the special purpose artist [dialogue], or should I add it with the known artists that are credited on the booklet?.
The artist are credited together for the whole release as CAST, instead of credited per track.
The release in question is this one but I might have dozens of albums like this. The last page of the booklet shows the cast, but it doesnā€™t show it in the tracklist per se.

I thought of adding the release as Various Artists and adding the corresponding cast to the respective tracks, but Iā€™m not so sure if thatā€™s correct.

EDIT: Iā€™m also not sure of how to add the script tag correctly. I might have missed the style guideline about that, though.

Maybe this topic can give you some answers in general:

To answer some of your specific questions:

I would not use a SPA or ā€œVarious Artistsā€ when exact data is available. Just take the writer of the script as AC for the release and use relationships to credit the cast / individual actors. A good example is the following audio drama:

Do you mean the form value ā€œscriptā€ below ā€œlanguageā€ or the credit ā€œScript: Hiro Akizuki (ē§‹ęœˆ ć²ć‚) (RUN&GUN), Hiroomi Takamiya (高宮 å®č‡£)ā€ from your example? Iā€™m no expert on Japanese script, but for the credit I would use the AC and the ā€œwriterā€ AR.

2 Likes

Do you mean the form value ā€œscriptā€ below ā€œlanguageā€ or the credit ā€œScript: Hiro Akizuki (ē§‹ęœˆ ć²ć‚) (RUN&GUN), Hiroomi Takamiya (高宮 å®č‡£)ā€ from your example? Iā€™m no expert on Japanese script, but for the credit I would use the AC and the ā€œwriterā€ AR.

YES! This was exactly what I was wondering! I meant the credit ā€œScriptā€, I didnā€™t know about the writer AR
Thank you very much, all these references answered all my questions.

1 Like