I have been using this heaps!
I was wondering if it’s feasible to make a couple of improvements?
Add a note in the edit note when this script loads something, with a link to this thread/the script. I want to let people know where they can go to make life easier + it helps troubleshoot if something comes up down the line (I wish all scripts did this x)
Can urls be automatically run through Image Max URL and then the full image loaded? Then I can right click thumbnails to copy the URL, and plug it in directly!
I currently open all the images in new tabs so that the max image URL script gives me the big URL, and then I plug that in. I end up with a lot of open tabs. I’m being greedy but this would be a dream if it was possible!
Can I make one small suggestion/feature request? After an image has been successfully added, can it clear the input field? This saves having to clear the field manually when adding another image and gives extra visual feedback.
Example scenario: You’re adding streaming links to an existing release using atisket. What you used to do, is select each link separately and paste it in. All that clicking, selecting, Ctrl-V’ing and Ctrl-P’ing starts to get tedious after a while. With this userscript, just select all links on atisket, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-P it into the link input, and they’ll be split and entered individually. If you run into a link that contains spaces and shouldn’t be split, there’s a checkbox to temporarily disable the splitting.
Should work on every edit page that has the external link editor.
Yes, adding a-tisket links to an already existing release was an example which I ran into frequently and was the main reason I created the script, but it works for any collection of links. Apologies for taking a while to answer, I was busy with other cool stuff. On that topic…
Enhanced Cover Art Uploads
Well, not really a new script, in fact, many of you will have it installed already The userscript formerly known as Prince, uh, “Upload to CAA from URL” has been reborn as “Enhanced Cover Art Uploads” as its feature set now far exceeds what it used to do, and the title didn’t do it justice anymore. In a nutshell:
ImageMaxURL has been integrated into the userscript, so if you paste a URL, it will attempt to transform it into the largest possible version.
It’s now enabled on a-tisket and adds a link to the covers displayed on a-tisket to automatically send it to the script (saves you a couple of steps in uploading cover art from a-tisket’s post-submit screen).
You can now paste links to Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, Bandcamp, and Discogs, and it will search for covers in those pages and add them to the upload queue. Where possible, types are filled as well. Supported providers are documented here, and here’s a list of providers that aren’t available yet, but will be added in the future. I’ve definitely missed some popular ones, so let me know if there’s any others that you’d like to see added.
If you dislike copying and pasting, there are also buttons! Specifically, URLs to supported providers that are attached to the release get a button for one-click image import. It looks like this:
So if you’ve got a release that’s linked to a Discogs release which has 43 images, all it takes is a single button click to add them all to the upload queue!
There is a bit of a caveat, though: To enable these changes, I had to significantly overhaul the script. I won’t go into too much technical details, but I made some changes that make it a lot easier for me to write the code, while still ensuring maximum compatibility with older browsers. As a result, the URL to the script itself has changed, so there is a possibility you might need to reinstall it, depending on your userscript engine and browser. It auto-updated fine during my testing, but YMMV. The current version is 2021.9.21. You might also notice that the script is now “minified” and just looks like random garbage, that’s completely normal and intended as a result of the development changes.
To celebrate the new year, I have released two new userscripts which should help you to add spoken vocals and copyright relationships faster. These are also teasers for the features which are still to come: Partially automated parsing of plain text credits and importing of (all) relationships from other sites like Discogs.
As a bonus I have finally released a few bookmarklets which I have been using for a while now and which had been buried in my (formerly private) feature branch for the above userscripts:
Not a new script but an old one that was apparently never mentioned here has a useful update for people dealing with parent works and subworks (mostly classical I guess with symphony/movements and opera/acts).
The Guess work/load subworks script is helping a lot to fill automatically the “edit relationships” page when consecutive tracks correspond to consecutive subworks of a parent work but has trouble dealing with tracks not corresponding exactly to the parent work structure:
there was a way to deal with a subwork split between different tracks (marking them as “partial recording”)
there was no way to deal with several subworks associated to the same track and this was solved in the new version 2022.1.28
There’s also an infobox 🛈 in the script now to explain what syntax the script expects for the different cases above