A multi‐source seeder for digital releases

Oooh updates! The link to seed artist vendors is going to save a lot of time!

While you’re here, is there a way to make it still go worldwide if the only country it doesn’t detect is Curacao? I think there’s a few others that as well. I don’t think Curacao has anyone picking up exclusive distribution rights :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve requested this be fixed twice. I’ll take responsibility for this happening, at my suggestion, because at the time it was implemented, the original marlon site was saying NOT available in countries that none of the 3 had services in. Since then, with the expansion of Apple Music & Spotify the opposite of what was intended has been happening. Deezer says it’s available in China or Curacao on their API, but the mirror doesn’t recognize it, because it was removed. I think Deezer for some reason has just stopped updating their available country list. But it’s there!!! Just not on Spotify or Apple Music. If a country is shown by Deezer’s API of having the release, than it has the release. There are over 20 countries being removed by the mirror, currently. An easy fix (because the original doesn’t have this restriction and was implemented for the mirror) is just to remove the restrictions. Also, almost every release added by the mirror that wasn’t Worldwide and has Deezer as having this is wrong on it’s country lists if the editor didn’t check behind it with Jaxsta, etc.

PS. While updating, all Apple release barcodes are now available on the “view-source” data of the page. Redirect looking for the barcode in the “.jpg” filename (as it currently does) to looking for the barcode in the “UPC” field. “upc”:

1 Like

Anyone else seeing ‘No results could be retrieved’ for Spotify releases? I also tried iTunes

EDIT: working now

1 Like

I’ve been getting Server has invalid Spotify API key. Not sure if this is related to the earlier Google Cloud outage.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I wish Qobuz opened their api. Can anyone extract the barcode of this specific release - https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/valentine-snail-mail/ygxkulx4jiova.

1 Like

This is what their API returned: 0191401178563

3 Likes

I’ve added around 1600 releases plus high quality artwork to Musicbrainz using a-tisket over the past year or so. It’s been a great boon to my adding albums to Musicbrainz. It struck me though that I have many releases already present in Musicbrainz with much lower quality artwork than what a-tisket is able to retrieve from apple music. Is there anyone here that can shed some light on the code used to derive the apple music artwork url? I’d like to enhance a Python script to retrieve these rather than lower resolution images for existing albums where possible.

1 Like

can anyone detect the upc, catalog, and isrc of this release? If You Leave, Daughter (44.1kHz/24bit). It’s not available on play.qobuz.

https://open.qobuz.com/album/cccpedkm5diva
EAN: 0044003168664
USYAH1300027
USYAH1200373
USYAH1300029
USYAH1300030
USYAH1300031
USYAH1300032
USYAH1300033
USYAH1300034
USYAH1300035
USYAH1300036

have fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

atj’s a-tisket mirror is down for maintenance as of this writing :confused:

It’s already back up

1 Like

Reminders:
1). Please check the auxiliary button for iTunes if iTunes has the release. It seems that the vast majority of editors importing aren’t doing so and therefore iTunes countries aren’t being added.
2). Can we please quit putting the annotations that list the same exact countries that are shown under release events. In other words, do we really want a Worldwide list of countries duplicated. I think most don’t. Let’s only show what countries that they aren’t in, if it’s less than half. Once again, we don’t need a list of 220 countries in the annotation that it’s not in, if it’s only in US & CA, for example.
3). If Deezer has the release and a-tisket (mirror) doesn’t give a Worldwide result (or only exempts IO) can we please re-run it on marlon’s original. Until atj updates (I’m begging you atj) the Deezer countries are getting left off (see reasons above in the thread). This is especially important if the mirror reports not in China, Curacao or India. Most of these are actually worldwide when it’s only those countries being exempted. If the mirror gets updated, this should become unnecessary.
4) Can we please take the time to add the phonographic copyrights & copyright information to the relationships that are for that instead of just leaving them in the annotation.

3 Likes

Using the tool today, I get the error “No Spotify data: Server has invalid Spotify API key.”

Yeah, I’ve been getting that too for about the past hour. The original is working fine at the moment.

I sometimes get Yemen and Myanmar as excluded territories, too.
Just something for everyone to look out for…

2 Likes

Anyone having issues with iTunes releases not being fetched? Either it ignores iTunes completely when it has the same barcode as Spotify and Deezer or it won’t even find the release if it’s exclusive to iTunes/Apple Music.

Are you using the original instance or the Pulsewidth mirror?
It’s been speculated that the former has been blacklisted by the iTunes API. If it’s the latter, this may be a harbinger of terrible things to come :fearful:

The marlonob one, but pulsewidth has the same issue

1 Like

It’s never been blacklisted, I don’t think, but a few times a month it does seem to go out for about a day. I’ve had no issues with either one today. So, whatever problems there were, were hopefully shortlived this morning.

1 Like