A multi‐source seeder for digital releases

Spotify is now available in South Korea as of Feb. 1.

Also, neither marlonob’s original site, nor atj’s mirror is showing Belarus as an available country for Spotify, which was available as of last July.

https://d.ontun.es/#/explorer/album/6o5cXlhhYbFvewfsYpuyEM, is showing not available in Belarus, however, when I run both sites, they show all countries available and Belarus isn’t on the list, so it’s missing from the list.

And I’ll repeat post from a month ago:
For some reason, the mirror is reporting the following:
Countries excluded (iTunes)
(As of 2021-01-14).
Southern Europe: :albania: Albania (al)
Middle Africa: :sao_tome_principe: Sao Tome and Principe (st)
Southern Asia: :pakistan: Pakistan (pk)
Micronesia: :palau: Palau (pw)

These are Deezer only countries and iTunes never has them there, because they don’t have service there. This should not be showing up. Please remove from iTunes list of countries.

4 Likes

Thank you for reporting it again, I think I did not understand the problem when you reported it the first time. Now I got it and have prepared a fix that adds KR for Spotify and removes AL, PK, PW and ST from the iTunes country list (not sure why they were already part of marlonob’s list).
The “Belarus bug” should fix itself once @atj updates the mirror, because the “This is all of them” message is always displayed when the element counts of the availability list and the internal list are the same (they were both 92 because Belarus was missing from one while South Korea was missing from the other).

4 Likes

What are the differences between the two links exactly, one is showing MX in first position in the preferred countries

etc.marlonob.info/atisket/
atisket.pulsewidth.org.uk

Was wondering also if it was possible to add Qobuzz as part of the source?
Got many releases from there as they were the first to launch High quality releases (Cd quality then 24 bits). Also they have the covers in 600x600.

1 Like

I looked into it a bit: They had a public API page but they appear to have taken it down. That said I found a third-party project and the API itself still seems to be live. No idea if they’re still giving out API keys for it though but might be worth a shot. They appear to have barcodes and ISRCs from what I can gather so it should be enough to start.

5 Likes

I found a forum thread with the official Qobuz developpers :slight_smile:

On page 86 they explained what happened https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/page/86/

To resume they removed the online doc as there were some abuse but seems API still exists for “legit” users. By that time (2019) they were saying: “API partners should reach out to benoit.rebus@qobuz.com and api@qobuz.com – we will deal with legit folks no problem.”

“David Craff” seems to be the Qobuz Product Manager, there is also “dmackta” who seems to work for the compagny.

So who is the most suitable MB person to start the contact? :slight_smile:

PS:
Terms of use are still available

Audionirvana still rely on their API https://audirvana.com/product/

2 Likes

Thanks @kellnerd, much appreciated. I’ve pushed your updates to the prod instance.

The links are different instances based on the same code. @marlonob’s instance has some features that my instance doesn’t have (such as parsing featuring artist credits from iTunes) and vice versa. My instance has various bug and security fixes as well as some minor improvements, thanks to assistance from @kellnerd and @Maks. Some user-facing improvements that come to mind are:

• Working iTunes lookups (I think @marlonobs IP probably got banned, and it might just be a matter of time for mine).
  • Updated Spotify ISRC submission links.
  • Updated country codes and region lists for Spotify, Deezer and iTunes.

Thanks for all the info about Qobuzz @ulugabi. As previously mentioned, I won’t be adding major new features to my a-tisket instance. However I’ll keep Qobuzz in mind as a source in my future a-tisket replacement. If it supports barcodes and ISRCs lookups as per @Toad_King’s comment then it could be a useful source alongside Deezer and Spotify.

4 Likes

I was only able to find an example payload from getting album data and it had a barcode and ISRCs listed. I don’t know if you can actually do a lookup by barcode but if they have it in the API I would be surprised if you couldn’t use it to look up an album.

1 Like

Is the Deezer track API link not working?

Shows Deezer link and API link. I go to the country list for Deezer (https://api.deezer.com/track/110148734) and it shows what looks to be most if not all of them, but a-tisket is only returning availability for Spotify, not Deezer.
2 Likes

Seems to be something specific to that release as others work, e.g.

I’ll investigate.

OK. I was wondering if that might be the case. I’ve seen before where Deezer didn’t work, but then the next day it did, so maybe there servers just act up sometimes.

1 Like

Overriding the date doesn’t seem to work:
screenshot-musicbrainz.org-2021.02.19-01_15_20

screenshot-musicbrainz.org-2021.02.19-01_14_18

For some reason it’s putting the month (04) with the year, and the day (05) in the month field.

You’ve probably copy-pasted one of the suggested dates. Instead of hyphen-minus there is an en dash after the year which MBS doesn’t expect.

Already noticed this a few days ago but forgot to report it.

5 Likes

@kellnerd just submitted a PR to fix this, so the date field now recognises the em-dash as well as a hyphen.

Paging @HibiscusKazeneko too, as you originally raised this issue.

4 Likes

I have scrolled through this thread and found two more display issues which were easy to fix:

They will be online as soon as the mirror gets updated.
Maybe I will also find the time to do some small feature additions (e.g. track artist extraction from Deezer seems simple to add) until @atj surprises us with an easy-to-enhance a-tisket alternative :hugs:

4 Likes

I’ve just deployed these fixes to the live instance. Thanks @kellnerd :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Deezer still not always showing up in country list.
https://atisket.pulsewidth.org.uk/?preferred_countries=US%2CGB%2CCA%2CMX%2CDE%2CAU%2CJP%2CDK%2CBE&spf_id=3rWJsuu7ukoZZhp7YYkjNZ&upc=731454681520&preferred_vendor=itu&search_itu_countries=si

vs.

https://etc.marlonob.info/atisket/?preferred_countries=us&spf_id=3rWJsuu7ukoZZhp7YYkjNZ&deez_id=249678&itu_id=1440912389&upc=731454681520&preferred_vendor=itu&search_itu_countries=si

It appears to be the same, but what confused me is for some reason on the mirror, it says Countries where available (iTunes + Spotify) even though it adds the Deezer link at top., whereas on the original it’s correct as Countries where available (iTunes + Deezer + Spotify). Country list is the same.

Also, on above example the dates are still screwy on the mirror suggestions. Deezer date (correct date): 2007–11-22 vs. 2007-11-22. If you try to copy & paste the suggested date into the override it doesn’t work because it’s using a “m” dash, instead of hyphen.

I think this is a HTML5 validation issue, so it should be easy to fix.

Not sure about the Deezer country list issue. I’ll investigate - I just wish it wasn’t so painful! :expressionless:

2 Likes

OK, I’ve had a look into why Deezer is not showing up in the country availability lists. The track API endpoint is returning an empty list for the available_countries attribute:

$ curl https://api.deezer.com/track/2548816 |jq .available_countries
[]

This doesn’t make much sense as the track is playable for me in the web interface and values are returned when querying other tracks:

$ curl https://api.deezer.com/track/1121653642 |jq .available_countries
[
  "AE",
  "AF",
[..]
]

Unfortunately there’s nothing I can do about this - it’s seems to be a Deezer API issue with certain releases :man_shrugging:

I’ve just pushed an update that fixes this once and for all!

2 Likes