Wikidata \ wikipedia bug?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f7569e8d6c8> #<Tag:0x00007f7569e8d600>

Have a look at this Release Group:

Here is a Release Group with a Wikidata link. BUT something odd is happening with Wikidata as I am being shown French language on the RG page instead of the expected English.

image

I guess this is due to this oddity?
image

The English page is available, but goes to a different named page. Is this why it is being ignored and the French page delivered in its place?

OR is this happening due to the old Wikipedia link being up there?

Note: When I was investigating what was going on I added the Wikipedia (EN) link as a test to see if I could change the RG page. I then tried to delete that straight away but it is stick in 7 day limbo.
https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/e5462df5-af44-41bd-a5b7-df9824aa85ff/open_edits

1 Like

If you change MB’s language to either German or Dutch (not English or French), the wikipedia excerpt defaults to English (not French) :thinking:

Let’s wait for an AE to approve the removals of the redundant Wikipedia links.

1 Like

Both approved, I can now see excerpt in English. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Now the wikipedia links are gone everything is clear and works correctly again from the wikidata link.

Thanks @jesus2099

1 Like