What do you all think this album is called

it is ether (Psalty’s kids and co 10) or (Psalty’s kids and co 10: salvation celebration) or (Psalty’s kids and co 10: Psalty’s salvation celebration) or (Psalty’s kids and co 10: salvation celebration 10th year anniversary album). brackets are to make it ezer to read. I think it is (Psalty’s kids and co 10: salvation celebration)
here are some images the one with the train is the front cover

Hum something like Psalty’s Kids & Co! 10: Salvation Celebration! according to the official store.
Amazon did it with Psalty Kid’s Praise 10 - Salvation Celebration!

1 Like

yer the others dont sound right the - is what amazon uses instead of : we are ment to use the : on music brains and it looks better

1 Like

should i put the artist’s in as shown here? @Fabe56 and any one else looking atthis
https://www.worldcat.org/title/psaltys-kids-co-10-psaltys-salvation-celebration/oclc/42571514

Yeah, colon is the appropriate subtitle punctuation according to the guidelines

1 Like

The colon is, not the semicolon (although that one is used to separate composers from performers in classical album artists).

3 Likes

Doh, that’s what I meant. Brain fart.

2 Likes

Actually, we aren’t required to use the colon if there’s already an alternative dividing punctuation mark ("-" in this case), see https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Titles#Subtitles.

@psychoadept please, re-read the guideline more carefully. There’s a part about alternative dividing punctuation marks as well as one example that uses “-”.

@reosarevok re:https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/STYLE-837 - told you that the example wasn’t enough and people would still insist on using colons :wink:

yer ill use the colon because the only place iv seen any thing used is on the websites if they use any thing there nothing on the album its self (on the ones i have any way) they just change the writing stile on them. for the Subtitles

Sure, if it already has punctuation we’ll use that. I don’t think I mistated (aside from the semi colon part, lol). The guideline still says use a colon unless there’s already other punctuation, and in this case there’s not. The exclamation point comes before the 10, so it’s not a divider.

2 Likes

I guess I was confused by “Psalty Kid’s Praise 10 - Salvation Celebration!” which came from Amazon. My post should be ignored, then.

1 Like

iv seen the same albums named a few different ways on iTunes and Amazon and ive seen them have different artists for for the same album. so even they get it wrong all we are doing is having a best gess with the info we have for some albums

1 Like

I would never follow the the text layout of a shop. Especially Amazon. Many of these older CDs are uploaded by all kinds of random people into their Marketplace stores. I have seen some awful typos, errors, junk artwork and plain mess.

Disk artwork comes first, followed by the Artist’s own website or Artist’s words.

This is also why the style guide is there - shops like Amazon are just trying to sell any old stuff and don’t really care about accuracy. So we have to tidy up their mess. :slight_smile:

You are doing this the right way - looking at actual artwork and tracing back to the original sellers of the product. Then a good application of common sense

3 Likes