Hi I’m new to this forum, so please feel free to give me advise if this belongs elsewhere or whatever
I just tried tagging some of my .wav music files. Picard found the album they belong to easily, there has been a green tick on any track (on the right hand site). The tags from the database all showed up in the “new value” column and after i pressed on the save-icon these tags also showed up in the “original value” column. I ticked the “save tags” option and unticked the “delete previous tags” option. Afterwards I closed picard and after reopening it and loading the “tagged” tracks they weren’t tagged anymore; it only showed the title, neither tags nor other metadata. I dont use any plugins, the files are not read-only. Picard is able to find the album and create a corresponding folder structure (artist-date-album-track) and also renames the title of the tracks accordingly. It just can’t save the tags. I tried deactivating Bitdefender (antivirus program) and running picard as an admin (I’m using the latest version). I was able to edit metadata of these songs (tag them) with VLC Mediaplayer and also with Media Monkey - they can read each others edits, but picard can’t.
I know this topic occured quiet often, but none of the previous discussions has helped me.
edit: I’m using win10 64bit, no errors or warnings visible in the log.
thanks for your time!