Requests for Votes Thread

Thanks for fixing this! Edits approved now.

Thank you! I could finish filling the correct AR

Hello,
could one of the auto-editors please have a look at these three edits:
Edit #38610048
Edit #38610008
Edit #38609999

I tried to correct the writer relationships and afterwards I realised that I got confused with the aliases of the same person: Finlay Dow-Smith & Starsmith is the same person.

And there is probably another artist Fin Dow-Smith which could be merged into one of the other two and then set as alias, because there is not much information about that artist and it seems as if it is the same as the other two.

I could cancel my edits but then there will be 3 writers and 2 of them would be exactly the same person. I could use some help as of what would be the best thing to do here.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve merged ‘Fin Dow-Smith’ into ‘Finlay Dow-Smith’, but didn’t tick the ‘Update matching artist and relationship credits to use the new artist’s name’ box. So that he’ll still be credited with the same spelling on the relevant releases/ recordings.
https://musicbrainz.org/edit/38625248

You could merge everything into ‘Starsmith’ using the same approach, but it’s unclear to me if the artist intends ‘Starsmith’ to be a completely different persona/ artist, or just a name variation.
It’s fine to leave them seperate and credit to the relevant artist, as credited in the liner notes etc, even if it is the same person.
Discogs has credited tracks 3, 4, 6, 9, 10 to Starsmith, and tracks 12, 15 to Fin Dow-Smith, so it seems like it’s fine to leave them seperate.

The important thing is that he’s credited under the same alias for each song as he is in the liner notes!

Hello aerozol and thank you.

I think it was a good idea to leave the ‘Update matching artist…’ checkbox unchecked, because the artist is credited as Fin Dow-Smith and Starsmith at the same time on at least one recording. The liner notes read:
‘Written by…and Fin Dow-Smith’, ‘Produced by Starsmith’. So I guess he uses both names as different personas.

Yes, you are right and that was what I wanted to fix, because on the MusicBrainz release/recording/work for tracks 3, 4 and 10 it reads ‘Written by … and Finlay Dow-Smith’, but the liner notes credits are ‘Written by …and Starsmith’ (at least the liner notes I have here.)

So, if someone wants to vote on the edits to get ‘Finlay Dow-Smith’ removed, since he is now credited as Starsmith, as in the liner notes, feel free to do so. I could also still cancel my edits and someone applies the changes right away.

Thank you again.

1 Like

https://musicbrainz.org/edit/38668180 is waiting to happen and the medium that will be appended needs some work. Is it safe to do before the the linked edit expires?

Can someone please check and vote/auto-accept this merge edit? This seems to be connected to an early (buggy?) merge, see edit note. I won’t do other edits on these releases in between.

Left an edit note :slight_smile:

1 Like

As an aside, merges (like all destructive edits) can’t be approved by autoeditors.

Thanks chirlu, I still don’t get how a merge can result into a split, see edit #1296294.

I don’t think it did. I think what that means is “this got merged in 2004, and then got split into the two versions when we split releases from tracklists based on release events in 2011”

4 Likes

Thanks reosarevok for the explanation! For the record, some links about the 2011 NGS migration:

1 Like

Could someone approve these recording merges for me?
Steve Haun Edits

I am just making final cleanup sweeps for Steve and am tired of waiting a week for each sweep :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Merges are also in the list of stuff that can’t be approved, sorry!

2 Likes

True - I was just hoping to cut down on the 6 day wait at least.

Given they all have 5 Yes votes, pretty sure it’ll just be a 2 day wait :wink:

1 Like

lol - awesome! Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I put in http://musicbrainz.org/edit/40201949 and the associated recording edits to put the full work title into the track titles on:

could someone approve those, it’d make creating & linking the works easier. I’ve uploaded cover art.

(I plan to finish all the ARs, no need for someone else to spend time on adding those. Unless you really want to.)

Could I please get some votes on this to speed it up a bit?
https://musicbrainz.org/edit/40662883
Thanks!! :relieved:

Would like to get these passed ASAP, as there are several other edits I need to make (track times from mediums, relationships, etc), and I’ve gotten burned too many times having a big edit fail because I did something in the wrong order. All changes are based on the original LP, which I have right here. Thanks!