Userscript blocking "add a new entity" windows from working - please help!

I recently migrated from Chrome to Firefox in preparation for the rollout of Manifest V3 next year, and in the process had to re-download and install all the userscripts I had previously been using (as this step was not included in the migration process, plus I moved from Tampermonkey to Violentmonkey). I managed to get back most all the scripts I previously had, plus some new ones.
Well, I think one or more of the scripts I installed is interfering with the pop-up windows in the MB release editor. The windows will appear, but the “Enter edit” button stays grayed out. Has anyone else had this problem?
The only other add-ons I’m running are uBlock Origin and DuckDuckGo. I previously used these two together in Chrome for years with no issues, so I doubt either one is the culprit.

(Side note: I would provide a list of scripts I have installed, but I don’t know how to paste links from inside the add-on. Is it even possible?)

Changes in the latest Violentmonkey version plus lazy match rules (the offending script is running on all MB pages currently) are causing this behaviour:

I’ve found a work-around to stop the script from running in inline dialogs, but I didn’t have the time for a proper fix (i.e. precise match rules) yet, nor did @ROpdebee.

Edit: I’ve now deployed my temporary fix to prevent further problems, please update the script and inline entity submission should be working again.

4 Likes

You will have to try with all scripts off to see if it works, then enable scripts one by one until you spot the script that bugs.

@kellnerd already identified the culprit, per the process you described.
Sure enough, I flipped the switch on that script while adding a release and I was able to add artists!