Unsure if i should merge or not

Hi, i’m digitizing my CD collection and i’m unsure how to proceed on this one.

I have 22 CD’s in a box, each in it’s own cardboard sleeve. And on the musicbrainz website i found all 22 cd’s seperately. Seems i’m lacking 2 cd’s atm that i’ll have to go find in my collection since there’s 24 cd’s under the monniker of Now the Music. Of the 22 i checked only 2 have disc ID’s but both my CD’s get properly recognized with the release on musicbrainz, the Coverart and label info all seems to match what i find on my physical copies as well so i’m fairly certain they are one and the same.

The part i’m unsure about is if i should merge all of them one release or not. Mainly because there is no indicator on the order of the discs and secondly because i don’t know which release i should merge them into if i were to merge them all.

On a sidenote would i need to add a picture of all the cd’s in the box for cover art or leave the pictures as they are since they belong to each cardboard sleeve?

Any guidance on this would be great!

1 Like

It looks like a series it seems they were all sold separately and not altogether as one release.
So don’t merge.
If you have a compilation edition with all these 24 CD in a single box, then you can add your release, additionally to the standalone releases.

2 Likes

The barcode numbers have quite a wide spread. Makes me think these maybe sold as a collector series where they also sold a separate box to hold the collection? Does the box have a barcode?

As to “an order” - I would order them by barcode number.

Was about to go sleep when i noticed reply’s.

I have a compilation with them all in a box ( lacking 2 cd’s atm, might be in one of the other boxes). I did find someone selling the exact same boxset

The big box itself does not have a barcode, the cardboard sleeves do each have one. In the link above you can see that there are 3 sides with some print on it but no barcode, the other 2 sides are just black.

1 Like

Since nobody else had any other input. I’ll add it as a new release with the 22 i have in the order of their barcode’s, i’ll add that it’s supposed to be a 24 box set in the case anyone else ever sees it and thinks it’s wrong. I’ll also add that it’s been organized according to their barcodes.

If there’s anything else i need to add then i’m always open for tips.

edit was for spelling and clarifying that it would be a new release

3 Likes

sounds like a sensible plan, I love finding these sort of things and getting them back as a contained release!

1 Like