Unsure about title of live release

Hello there. I wanted to add a release to this group but noticed that the title is not quite correct?

Looking at the cover the group title (as well as the release titles) should be simply “At Montreux Jazz Festival July 2022”. I double checked the style guide for titles but coudn’t find something that says otherwise.

another live album comes to my mind from Anna von Hausswolff which supports my view:

what are your thoughts?

Usually we try to stick to cover art, in this case it would be something like:

“The Smile at Montreux Jazz Festival, July 2022” by The Smile

2 Likes

is “The Smile” really supposed to be part of the title? this is what I’m wondering. I guess there a a lot of live albums where the artist name could be interpreted as part of the release title. but usually we don’t include the artist name.

I searched in the database for release groups with “at montreux jazz” and most of them don’t include the artist name.

Well, both are valid, but in this case I feel like the intent was to make a phrase “X at P”, without further indication hard to tell.

The Smile publie un album live enregistré au Montreux Jazz Festival - Montreux Jazz Festival says “The Smile At Montreux Jazz Festival July 2022 sera disponible le 14 décembre dès minuit sur toutes les plateformes de streaming.” (The Smile At Montreux Jazz Festival July 2022 will be available …).

The Smile (Live at Montreux Jazz Festival, July 2022) | The Smile titled it: “The Smile (Live at Montreux Jazz Festival, July 2022)” (clearly The Smile is part of title here, even though they didn’t respect the cover art).

See also The Smile (Live at Montreux Jazz Festival, July 2022) - Wikipedia

1 Like