Unanimous votes

For edits I read at the right side that 3 unanimous votes would quickly close it (by accepting, I assume). I have several edits in the queue with 4 “yes” votes but it still says “voting closes in x days”. Is that a bug or a misunderstanding on my part?

2 Likes

If they’re so-called “destructive” edits (such as merges and removals) you’ll have to wait a bit longer for the changes to be applied. From the Editing FAQ:

If your edit receives three unanimous yes votes, it will generally be applied after 1 hour. If it is considered a destructive edit, however, the edit will be applied after 48 hours to allow adequate time for other editors to review.

7 Likes

Thanks! Blame it on Corona that I feel the need for more interaction today instead of directly going to the FAQ.

4 Likes

Just as an afterthought, maybe the remaining open time could be changed dynamically by the server depending on votes?

If there is a no vote, the closing must not occur less than 2 days after the no vote (so that it does not fail without giving time to explain more), so, sometimes, the open period is automatically extended.

1 Like