The General Chatter/Off Topic Thread

…so, after a bit of research, I believe the Caramella Girls stopped using the Caramell name just before the end of 2019, both because of some Wayback Machine digging I did on YouTube, and a bit of iTunes/Apple Music knowledge from from @yindesu.

I’ve also found that most of the Caramell versions are still available on Spotify and Deezer. they don’t show up on either artist’s Spotify page, but they do show up on Deezer. Atisket doesn’t find an iTunes/Apple Music release when I look these versions up, so I don’t think those exist anymore. the Caramell and Caramella Girls versions do have different barcodes and streaming links.

I also added my first Live Bootleg release from YouTube:

3 Likes

You can use Experience the App Store and iTunes Anywhere | fnd to find Apple Music releases around the world. I wouldn’t rely on a-tisket to find anything. It misses tons of Spotify releases and is now not working correctly with Apple Music on most releases after November 2021.

2 Likes

that might be handy, actually… I’ll keep that in mind~

for what it’s worth though, I usually start with the Spotify release, since that’s my current streaming platform of choice. I haven’t been adding too many new releases either.

that’s not to say I haven’t been having issues with Atisket myself, of course, but I do still find it handy for adding a bunch of digital releases, complete with maximized artwork, ISRCs, and streaming links.

also in this particular case, I didn’t find the Caramell singles on fnd, I’m pretty sure they were just straight-up removed from Apple Music

1 Like

That’s what I do too. Start with the Spotify release for best results! Good advice for everyone.

2 Likes

just wanted to share this gem that I just added to:

I’m definitely not old enough to remember these, but maybe some of y’all are :wink:

there are a couple I haven’t added yet, prolly gonna get to those tonight

(and yes, I did add parody works for all the songs I knew)

2 Likes

I love this so much :sob:

edit: this youtube channel is gold, truly awful content

1 Like

oh, that’s pretty terrible… :joy:

I figured you’d enjoy it~ and as you may have noticed, there’s a tag now, if this is gonna be the next singing fish. :fish: :wink:

edit: oh wow, that’s a lot of answering machine releases on that channel… and in several languages too! :phone:

2 Likes

Ha ha, yes, I did record a few funny ones myself for my answering machine, including 1 or 2 with some kind of music.

2 Likes

I’ll just drop this here… a wonderful example of old web design, but definitely fairly recent. he’s even got Snapchat Bitmoji on there, lol

https://www.noveltyansweringmachine.com/

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Help with Steelix’s Lay It Down

You’re off topic.

I’m sure there already are plenty of similar topics.
Please use one of them or create a topic next time, because it’s a specific case completely on MusicBrainz topic related to adding digital releases to MB.

And also this way I could have tagged the new or existing topic as digital-media, one of my muted tags.

Now, depending on the response rate to your post, I may have to mute this fun topic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It would be a pity.

1 Like

Not everyone is comfortable starting new threads and this is a safe space to post anything :v:

edit: sorry if you have to mute it though, but I really did want this thread to be very open (kind of like the MB IRC chat)

2 Likes

I fear that we will have 3+ posts here on these endless and inextricable DL release problems, inherent to the format. :sob:

They should be moved to #digital-media, if they grow annoyingly too much.
It’s possible to flag posts as off-topic to request a split.
But the admins have then to scratch their head really hard to find a proper topic title (suggestion: Plagiarism or Rebranding?). :roll_eyes:

Rather off off topic I guess. Given the topics discussed in this thread so far MB folks seem to have a hard time staying off topic :rofl:

3 Likes

OK then never mind my rant, it was just a rant. :wink:

My bad, I just flagged my post as off-topic (:joy:) so hopefully it gets split.

1 Like

Please move this to the designated rant thread. :laughing:

6 Likes

Yeah sorry all, I don’t know why I was so annoying.🤦
Keep it like that, if you like, really. :grin:

2 Likes

I totally understand why you would prefer it a different way @jesus2099 but I’m really firm on my stance that this thread is for anything.

To everyone:

I tried to cover all the bases in the OP:

So it is impossible to go off-off-topic in this thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wanted to make a space that’s more like a chat, since IRC isn’t something everyone is familiar with, and there’s nothing else.

Please no more posts directed at people telling them they can’t post something here xo

This would be a very popular thread ahahaha

6 Likes

We should use Discord :slight_smile:

1 Like