The General Chatter/Off Topic Thread

just wanted to share this gem that I just added to:

I’m definitely not old enough to remember these, but maybe some of y’all are :wink:

there are a couple I haven’t added yet, prolly gonna get to those tonight

(and yes, I did add parody works for all the songs I knew)

2 Likes

I love this so much :sob:

edit: this youtube channel is gold, truly awful content

1 Like

oh, that’s pretty terrible… :joy:

I figured you’d enjoy it~ and as you may have noticed, there’s a tag now, if this is gonna be the next singing fish. :fish: :wink:

edit: oh wow, that’s a lot of answering machine releases on that channel… and in several languages too! :phone:

2 Likes

Ha ha, yes, I did record a few funny ones myself for my answering machine, including 1 or 2 with some kind of music.

2 Likes

I’ll just drop this here… a wonderful example of old web design, but definitely fairly recent. he’s even got Snapchat Bitmoji on there, lol

https://www.noveltyansweringmachine.com/

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Help with Steelix’s Lay It Down

You’re off topic.

I’m sure there already are plenty of similar topics.
Please use one of them or create a topic next time, because it’s a specific case completely on MusicBrainz topic related to adding digital releases to MB.

And also this way I could have tagged the new or existing topic as digital-media, one of my muted tags.

Now, depending on the response rate to your post, I may have to mute this fun topic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It would be a pity.

1 Like

Not everyone is comfortable starting new threads and this is a safe space to post anything :v:

edit: sorry if you have to mute it though, but I really did want this thread to be very open (kind of like the MB IRC chat)

2 Likes

I fear that we will have 3+ posts here on these endless and inextricable DL release problems, inherent to the format. :sob:

They should be moved to #digital-media, if they grow annoyingly too much.
It’s possible to flag posts as off-topic to request a split.
But the admins have then to scratch their head really hard to find a proper topic title (suggestion: Plagiarism or Rebranding?). :roll_eyes:

Rather off off topic I guess. Given the topics discussed in this thread so far MB folks seem to have a hard time staying off topic :rofl:

3 Likes

OK then never mind my rant, it was just a rant. :wink:

My bad, I just flagged my post as off-topic (:joy:) so hopefully it gets split.

1 Like

Please move this to the designated rant thread. :laughing:

6 Likes

Yeah sorry all, I don’t know why I was so annoying.🤦
Keep it like that, if you like, really. :grin:

2 Likes

I totally understand why you would prefer it a different way @jesus2099 but I’m really firm on my stance that this thread is for anything.

To everyone:

I tried to cover all the bases in the OP:

So it is impossible to go off-off-topic in this thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wanted to make a space that’s more like a chat, since IRC isn’t something everyone is familiar with, and there’s nothing else.

Please no more posts directed at people telling them they can’t post something here xo

This would be a very popular thread ahahaha

6 Likes

We should use Discord :slight_smile:

1 Like

By chance anyone getting different track numbers using a-tisket? I just received one from this album id from Spotify 3M98iBFQdEV8nlrZ0e6WWD Is this a known issue?

I see no issue. The Spotify & iTunes releases just aren’t the same release, that’s all. They share the same barcode, but that doesn’t automatically make them the same. Spotify’s release only has 18 tracks; Apple Music’s 20 tracks. They should be added as 2 separate releases. That’s why they have the ignore option at the bottom of a-tisket. Also, separate from this release here, I have seen the API’s screw it up where sometimes the Apple Music release tracklist was duplicated etc, but it’s rare or if a track has been pulled by one service but not another, but when that happens, usually the track numbers match on the service (not total number) & you can see the greyed out track on Apple Music.

2 Likes

This was nixed by staff a while back, not sure if anything has changed :thinking:

another interesting tidbit of music history I just learned about… the “Open-ended Interview” release.

I can’t find this particular one on Al Green’s page though… :wink:

3 Likes