Tags in MB

Hi all

Smal question this time

The tags next to works are they personal or can everyone see them

Knipsel

Thank you all and have a nice weekend

1 Like

I thought they were personal, but now I canā€™t find the toggleā€¦ I tag stuff I am working on so I can find it quickly. A kinda bookmark. I thought I hit a setting somewhere to set private tags (i.e. the green ā€œmineā€ tags). But now I am not sure.

Haha - if they are public Iā€™ll have been confusing people for a while. Can you see my tag on this one: https://musicbrainz.org/recording/9be32ec2-be48-457c-aa46-5dd6ff60635a ?

Ahhh you are a diamond Ivan thank you. No I canā€™t see your Tags.

So happy with your answer

1 Like

haha - I see what you did there with the Diamond :wink:

On the side I have this:

You had me worried for a while there. Haha.

Impossible to locate in the documentation due to the double meaning of ā€œtagā€

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Have a nice evening

1 Like

The tags are public and visible to everyone. And yes, I can see https://musicbrainz.org/tag/ivan-hhgttg%2Bpf

1 Like

Shoot I did f5 and now I can see it Ivan

Knipsel

I wouldnā€™t worry too much, personal tags are super useful and I do them all the time.

If a tag goes to 0 votes (someone down votes it) does it disappear for everyone except the person who set it?

I downvoted yours IvanDobsky and itā€™s gone from my view, should still be in your tag list though iirc

I canā€™t see it anymore Ivan can you?

I think we need something to put our personal tags in its handy to have something like that

1 Like

They are hidden by default when below 0, but you can still show them by clicking a provided link.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response Elo. But how do I get them below 0, cos when I make a tag is says 1 behind it and I cant change it. Cant make it -1 or 0

You can vote on tags using the little plus and minus signs next to the score, although if you downvote your own tag and it would drop below 0 it is instead deleted entirely.

2 Likes

Sometimes tags are used for communication or just trolling people

• to the guy that keeps downvoting every tag on the va artist
  • you do realise that every time you downvote a fixme-tag below 0 i unvote it and that tag now permanently stays in the expanded list?
  • every-time you and others downvote. it registers in your tags. then i remove my vote. presto! youā€™re the only one keeping it here!
  • no matter how long you keep voting down the ā€œfixmeā€ tag i will fight you. this should be fixed
1 Like

Just use the public tags for personal notes for now imo. Only the genre tags are ā€˜orderedā€™ data.
I think itā€™s very unlikely anyone is pulling the regular tags for anything (because theyā€™re already messy).

Ty Aero, gonna try that then cos I really really think we need something like this :slight_smile:

My tag on that page is still there for me, but -1 as a score.

I canā€™t vote my own tags to -1 as that just deletes them.

This is a little annoying now as I thought they were anonymous :frowning: Maybe I need to make a sockpuppet to downvote my own tags.

I guess there is already a ticket asking for private tags?

2 Likes

Hi Ivan

I did not make a tickket. Dont know how. And you are right about you deleting your own tag. I let my hubbie downvote mine but that is not a solution. Too much work. So it would be nice to have something like private tags. Lets vote on it whahahahahahaha. Anyone who is for a private tag give me or Ivan a heart :slight_smile:

3 Likes