Currently there are 829 pages of open edits and from my experience most of them will go through without a single vote and probably many won’t even be looked at once.
I’m already subscribing to 917 artists (increasing every day) and vote on almost all open edits for subscribed entities to do my part and now and then I go to all open edits and vote on some there.
- an additional editor group between normal user and auto-editor (similar to what was suggested here). Their edits would only be open for e.g. 3 days and would only need 2 unanimous votes.
- different waiting periods and vote-thresholds for different types of edits.
- e.g. Record merges by @jesus2099’s script basically only need to be looked at once to rule out an error in the script, so these should only need one positive vote.
- It would be great if edits where you corrected your own error wouldn’t need another 7 days to go through.
- ability to display open edits by edit type, so you can vote on edits you are familiar with (e.g. only display record merges, only added cover art…).
I think these measures would decrease the list of open edits and more attention could be directed to edits that really need it.
E.g. By chance I just found a series of 24 messy edits by a a new user when all they tried to do is merge two entries of the same artist (legal name and artist name), but obviously hadn’t found the merge function yet.