SoundCloud DJ mix titles

this doesn’t only apply to soundcloud i guess but they’re the ones i’m struggling with

i’ve been entering DJ mixes for a few soundcloud labels/collectives/what have you, and i’m having some trouble figuring out what the titles should be.

for this one, it seems clear to me. the “[e.i. mix series]” is just there to show that it is part of the series. then there’s the artist credit, and then the title. i’ve had no trouble entering these
MB entry

these are a little more confusing, but the way i decided to parse it was the first part as the cat#, and the second part as the title. that’s been working fine i think, but i still want opinions.
MB entry

but with these, i’m lost. are they called “CRINGE MIX #[no]” and the rest as artist credits? are they called “CRINGE MIX #[no] - [artistname]”? or just “[artistname]”?

what do you think?

I don’t have much experience with DJ-mix series, but if I were entering that last one, I’d probably enter it as “CRINGE MIX #81”, and set the artist as “ICE UNDERLORD”.

on the second series, I wonder if the release titles should follow the formatting you have on !!GUN SYNC 60FPS MIXX!! and others in the series.

to use the example you linked, (original title on SoundCloud as “[EGC0.01] DJ OJJO > 37:14”) maybe the release should be titled “37:14” with the artist as “DJ OJJO”?

one comment though, I notice you’re using release series… any reason you’re not using a release group series instead?

yeah, i was really struggling with that haha. i hadn’t noticed that some of them do have titles until i got to the first named one. it really threw me off lol. still trying to figure out which format to go with there

yeah! a couple of the mixes were also posted on the artists’ personal soundcloud/mixcloud/etc. with different titles, & those wouldn’t really be part of this series i think. release series just seems less messy here :smiley:

1 Like

just a small update: i put in the edits to change the titles for the EGC series. looking at the coverart it’s a lot more clear :3

https://musicbrainz.org/series/1c3dd7b2-eb31-4502-a506-c848bd8389c5

1 Like