Sort columns

I have read there is a script to sort columns, where can I find that and how do I use it?

2 Likes

I believe you refer to one of @loujinā€™s creations. If you search for ā€œMake table columns sortableā€ on this page, you should find it:

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply. If I click on the install button I get a losts of code. Dont know what to do with that :slight_smile:

You need an addā€on to your internet browser in order to be able to install and use user scripts like this.
https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Guides/Userscripts

1 Like

Hereā€™s a screenshot to show you how it should look like if the installation worked. Note that the script is very basic and works only on certain pages of the site, not all of them.

1 Like

Thank you all for your information. Guess Iā€™m to stupid to do it myself, so I have to ask someone at home. Maybe they can help. I just thinkā€¦ such a beautiful databaseā€¦ gees is must be possible to sort columns.

Thanks all

Reviving an old topic: great script, generally works, but I have encountered one strange case when neither a default sort order nor the script works right.

Test page: https://musicbrainz.org/work/1cba82ba-a6f3-3590-a0c1-b9e742fa742d

By default the sort order appears to be by the date in ascending order, than without the date. But some recordings with assigned date appears at the bottom of the page.

If the @loujin 's script is activated, it is possible to sort by the date in ascending / descending order, but some recordings where the dates are set are still not sorted, they appear as a separate block.

What is so special with those several recordings that they are not sorted?

4 Likes

It appears that those recordings are being sorted to the bottom because they are linked to more than one work. Iā€™m not sure if this is intentional or a display bug, @reosarevok.

1 Like

Ticket for default sort order:

A fix for a broken sort order in @loujin 's script is available in this fork. I have sent a pull request to @loujin to integrate the fix in the script.

1 Like

Applied in version 2020.4.13, thanks for the fix.
I also fixed the sort-by-recording-duration at the same time

2 Likes

Works like a charm for duration as well when manually installed.
The ā€œinstallā€ button on your GitHub page still points to the old version though.

2 Likes