Should I create a release without all the recordings or putting all the recording then creating it?

I’d like to add some recordings that I have, but they all are only one track in a 10+ track release.
I don’t really have the time / Motivation to do them all in one go, so should I just slowly add the recordings of a release, then create it, or I should add the ones I have, then create an incomplete release?

when you create a new release, it’ll create new recordings for each of the tracks unless you choose specific recordings in the Recordings tab… I feel like this’d be easier, as long as you’ve got a tracklist to work from

I see. I do have a full track list, I only need to do all of them. I won’t be able to give acoustid for all of them but oh well

Then it’s time to apologize to my poor ctrl, c, and v keys for what I’m about to put them through.

2 Likes

No one says you have to be perfect. Take your time.

Also notice the Track Parser button lets you paste a whole track list in one action.

It is worth knowing that edits you make in the first 24 hours will be instant. After that they will take up to a week to go through (unless a friendly Auto-Editor helps out)

4 Likes