Should I add my Columbia Record Club (CRC) CD as a separate release?

I have a CD which already exists in the database, however the text “CRC” is printed on the back cover, right under the catalog number, which means it’s part of the Columbia Record Club, (everything else is the same though). The release I’ve linked to only has front cover scans, which isn’t very helpful, but there’s no mention of the Columbia Record Club, so I suppose it isn’t part of it. Because of that, I’ve been considering adding my version to the database as a separate release and make it part of the Columbia Record House series, but I’m not sure if I should do it or not.

3 Likes

If you know there are versions without the text, then yes add yours as a separate. If you can add a front and rear scan that is even better.

A few letters difference on the rear artwork is worth a new release. And this time those letters have real meaning due to being able to link to that series.

6 Likes

Yeah I’d make yours a new release, just put in the disambiguation field Columbia Record Club so we can easily identify it later :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think I would split this series in Columbia Record Club (CRC) and Columbia House, no?

Well, I checked some of the releases in the series and some of them had the same initials, so I suppose splitting isn’t necessary :man_shrugging:

It’s why I would split. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I just cretaed the release: https://musicbrainz.org/release/4f67b211-d5e9-436c-88e9-0b8b1a82a7b1

2 Likes