Search for Album ID, not found

Hi all,
If I look for the Album “Dolce Vita” of “Spider Murphy Gang”, I find 3 releases, one of them is ceee84ed-9a76-442c-ae30-382ad7ee24fb
But, if I search in Releases for this ID, nothing is found. Is there a problem with the database, or am I just the stupid user?
If you ask me why i do this search: I wanted to add that album to fanart.tv, but this does not work, and I fear the reason is that it is not found in the DB.
Thanks
Alfred

Interesting: There is this release

in this releasegroup.

Neither an indexed search nor a direct search with the GID ceee84ed-9a76-442c-ae30-382ad7ee24fb returns any result.
BTW:
The same is true for the search with the releasegroup GID d059de6b-fecb-3a67-af0b-1173ca0eb1a1.

If you manually create the URL for
musicbrainz.org/release/
or
musicbrainz.org/release-group/
both show the expected content.

1 Like

ok, thank you for your answer. But to be honest, I do not really understand what you want to tell me. My mistake, or a mistake in the MB database?

If you just copy & paste the value
ceee84ed-9a76-442c-ae30-382ad7ee24fb
here into the Query field and change the type to “release” you don’t get a result.

The same for the release-group id and the search type “release-group”.

Why should you use a syntax like
https://musicbrainz.org/search?query=reid%3Aceee84ed-9a76-442c-ae30-382ad7ee24fb&type=release&limit=25&method=advanced
where
reid
and
type=release
indicate the same search type?

1 Like

yes, that is/was exactly my problem…

but anyway, the fanart.tv problem for me is solved, as now I know that fanart.tv does use the Release Group ID and not the Release ID

I don’t understand why you are searching a release of which you already know the URL?

Just type in your address bar: musicbrainz.org/release/ followed by the ID you want, and voilà!

musicbrainz.org/release/ + ceee84ed-9a76-442c-ae30-382ad7ee24fb = you found your release

2 Likes

If you want to use the MBID to search, you’ll need to go to the Advanced Search, find the “MBID” field (near the bottom), and enter it there.

1 Like

Probably, because you did not see my remark in my first post… :wink:

Yes, this does work - but my problem is NOT that I do not find the release, I understood that there are a lot of options to find it. I just do not understand why the direct (standard) search for the Release should not give the result also…
MbSearchAlbumID2

But again: For me it is strange but no more a problem, as

Clearly the standard search just isn’t programmed to take MBIDs.

2 Likes

ok, that clears everything; did not know that… :unamused: Thanks again to make me a little less stupid. :wink:

Because we don’t need to search by ID. :wink:
ID is the search result in normal cases.