Romaji and English translated

There is a release with both Japanese and English titled songs. There is a translated version with most of the Japanese titles translated into English, except for the very last one which is in Romaji. I have the full list of tracks in Romaji from a vgmdb.net and the English translated title as well. Should I add the Romaji version as a translation to the original and fix the last track of the English translated one?

I know there are some rules about Romaji but I can’t actually read Japanese let alone translated, so I’m using the Romaji translations from vgmdb.net.

1 Like

We set the titles as they are printed on the tracklist.
If you want an alternative tracklist, you can duplicate the MB release to a pseudo release, that’s made for that.
Please link the example you are talking about, it’s difficult otherwise. :mask:

There is already a proper entry in the database with the titles as printed on the CD case, which is mix of English and Japanese names. There is also a “transliterated/translated” entry for the CD with most of the Japanese named tracks in English, except for the last one which is in Romaji.

Should I create another “transliterated/translated” entry for the album with the Romaji versions of the Japanese tracks, and then also fix the one Romaji entry in the English translated version.

Here is the release link.

2 Likes

Nailed it, good plan :+1:

Cover art can also be moved from pseudo releases to just the official release.

2 Likes