Robert Fripp's Music For Quiet Moments

Robert Fripp has been releasing a track consisting of a previously recorded soundscape for the past 45 weeks, this is the synopsis of the project:

Robert Fripp’s “Music for Quiet Moment” series. We will be releasing an ambient instrumental soundscape online every week for 50 weeks. Something to nourish us, and help us through these Uncertain Times.
“Quiet moments are when we put time aside to be quiet. Sometimes quiet moments find us. Quiet may be experienced with sound, and also through sound; in a place we hold to be sacred, or maybe on a crowded subway train hurtling towards Piccadilly or Times Square.
Quiet Moments of my musical life, expressed in Soundscapes, are deeply personal; yet utterly impersonal: they address the concerns we share within our common humanity.” Robert Fripp

These tracks have been published on YouTube for free, on mainstream streaming services and on the website of DGM to be purchased, therefore I think this project is relevant to MusicBrainz and should be present in the DB, but I have some doubts and some of you more-experienced users can cast a little bit of light on them.

Entities

Those tracks are published as singles on streaming services and can be purchased as single tracks on the DGM website (each track has a unique covert art too), so to insert them on MusicBrainz as Single is the right choice to me, but I want to doublecheck if the rules allow the insertion of 50 singles from the same project. And how should they be grouped? Should Music For Quiet Moments be inserted as a Work?

Naming

Each track is released with a title that is composed like this:

• Music for Quiet Moments n - Word (City Date)
    • (e.g.) Music For Quiet Moments 45 - Elegy (Paris 22 Sept 2015)

Which is the right naming for this specific case? I saw that for the KC 50 anniversary releases most of the information present in track titles was delegated to relationships. Should these tracks just be titled as the Word present in the original title?

Thank you for your time folks!

3 Likes

Why not! We do allow multiple singles from an album. The original release dates/data seems significant, especially with unique cover art.

Presumably (just a guess) these will be compiled into a release or compilation, at the close of the project, so I wouldn’t worry too much about grouping them.
A series would be quite straightforward to make if you want though.

I would leave it how he’s titled it for the track title, e.g.
Music For Quiet Moments 4 - Requiem (Norwich 16 Jun 2006)
No need to really mess with it. The releases themselves you could potentially go for something like:
Music For Quiet Moments 4
Which reflects the cover art and also how they seem to be named on the website:

Thank you for the insights @aerozol, I found all of them very reasonable, I’ll go ahead and start to insert them.

Thank you for the reply and for your time!

1 Like