Restoration Engineer credit

How might I add a “restoration engineer” to a release?

It would be nice if there were a “task” field under the “Engineer” role, like there is for “Producer.” Since there isn’t, I’d say the annotation may be the best choice.

7 Likes

Yes, I was looking for that.

I wonder though why we are so restricted in the roles that people can have. I understand the idea of consistency, but the other side is not collecting information “properly”. For the most part, it seems MB has most all roles covered. I thought to place this credit under Mastering / Re-Mastering, however, the remastering credits differ from the restoration credits.

I also understand that MB does not put much focus on mastering aspects. I try to keep that in mind. I also realize that many times, detailed credits on engineering and mastering are not included in the CD booklets, so having such data is also somewhat rare.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never seen or heard of “restoration engineer” in relation to music.

I’d add it as generic “engineer” relationship (or maybe “audio engineer”) and add a note to the annotation. But a task field like @Beckfield suggested would be best.

Btw, what is the difference between “audio engineer” and “sound engineer”? This looks confusing, seems to be the same for me.

2 Likes

A sound engineer is both valid in form and its premises are true. :laughing:

3 Likes

Sound = live, audio = studio … in very generic terms.

2 Likes

Not arguing, just affirming that it seems rare. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was only showing an example. Yes, rare, no disagreement there.