[request] Userscript to move recording-level relationships to the release-level in the Release Edit Relationships page

Sometimes editors incorrectly add release-level relationships to all the recordings on a release. It would be nice to have a userscript that moves all of the relationships to the release level.

(Alternatively, a userscript to delete all relationships on the recordings.)

(Relationship removals aren’t auto-edits for anybody, so shouldn’t be a huge deal to distribute such a userscript.)

3 Likes

As removals are never auto edit, when I do this manually, I also set related add edits as requiring votes (I’m autoeditor, they would be autoedits, otherwise).

The script should do that, I think, to have a consistent voting queue.

I was actually working on such a script recently to fix a release in my collection that got screwed up in the same way. I wasn’t intending to publish it, as it was just something very hacky that I could paste in the JavaScript console; but seeing as it would be useful for you and maybe others, I cleaned it up and turned it into a proper script:

However, be warned: I haven’t tested it much.

The script just adds a select + button to the top of the release relationship editor that makes the pending changes. So you can still review them and tick the “make votable” checkbox before submitting.

8 Likes

Mostly worked.

I was able to submit 400 remove relationship edits before it threw an error. (That leaves just two-and-a-half recordings where I can manually click the delete buttons myself.)

1 Like

Wow thanks! I certainly bookmark this as a reference to how to manipulate the relationship editor!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes