Random "⚠ Error uploading image"

When uploading cover art recently, a few images out of the set invariably fail with “:warning: Error uploading image”. Got it earlier today, figured it was just high-load time. But just happened again at ~2AM—and I doubt it’s a high-load time… (And since I forgot to hit create topic, again ~noon today)

Generally, hitting submit again gets them uploaded (and with a lot of images, sometimes repeat a few more times). But unfortunately they often get out of order.

4 Likes

Same thing here earlier today. Used to happen before. Feels like a temporary thing.

I have been experiencing this same issue. It will happen if I am uploading just one image or multiple images, at what seems to be at random. I am using Google Chrome, beta version, which is kept updated.

RE being temporary… I have been experiencing this for approx 1 week.

For future reference, here you can check the status of the Cover Art Archives server. If you see a red line in the top-left graph, the server is experiencing difficulties. The only thing you can do in that case is wait until it is fixed.

8 Likes

The same. I can’t upload any of images

Just come back later. Usually the CAA recovers after a few hours lie down. The hamsters get tied out.

Lots of red in that linked status page right now. As @IvanDobsky says, just comes back later.

4 Likes

Linking

http://monitor.archive.org/stats/s3.php#3h

to the “experience problems” warning hint could be helpful.

1 Like

Consistent upload failures now. For DeЯ JaHЯMaЯKT VOИ SOЯOTSCHiИTZi, of 1st batch only 2 got in. Have tried the rest repeatedly, single and in batch.

Oh, I’m not the only one then.