Radio drama: different title mentioned in audio credits

I came across an unusual situation. I looked up an album called “Spock Vs. Q,” a radio drama. The title of the release, as seen on the packaging, is “Start Trek: Spock vs. Q.” However, in the final track of the disc, a narrator listing the end credits speaks the title “Spock vs. Q: Armageddon Tonight,” and this title was used when the release was added to MB.

This seems incorrect to me. The only people who would know the “Armageddon Tonight” title are those who have listened to the end credits. It seems to me that the correct title should be “Star Trek: Spock vs. Q,” which matches what’s on the cover. However, I can’t find anything in the Guidelines to justify changing the title, and I would like to hear from this forum before doing so.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Since this is a physical CD release I think whatever is printed on the front cover should be used as the title of the release.

I was under the (mistaken?) impression that this was in the style guide for release titles but alas I cannot seem to find it.

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought so, too. I think I may be remembering something from the classical music guidelines. Anyway, thanks for the comment. I’m going to go ahead and make the change.

1 Like