Psalty's Missing 9 album what is it called and who is it by?

i have an album that may be called, The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9: The Secret of How to Grow in the lord or Psalty’s Search for the Missing 9 “The Secret of How to Grow in the Lord”. and the artist is ether Psalty or Psalty’s kids and co or Ernie Rettino & Debby Kerner Rettino. on the disc the scenes like, SCENE 1- BOARDING THE HT SSRFJ, and named different it is It’s like, Missing (Set-Up)
this is what it is according to the official website see the 2 links below

growing up i knew it as The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9: The Secret of How to Grow in the lord by Psalty or Psalty’s kids and co.

there is all ready a one on the website but i think it is referencing the digital download https://beta.musicbrainz.org/release/b5993a50-7859-4b91-bcf4-f92595101326 . So i was wondering what people think it should be?

The two items you link are two different versions. Look at the number of tracks involved.

The first one seems to line up with what is already here at MB. Same number of tracks, and same names of those tracks.

Not sure why that other one is sharing the same name as it seems to have very different contents.

How many tracks on your copy? And do your track names line up with either of those links you have posted? Maybe give us some examples of your first three tracks \ name \ lengths?

If you have totally different track names, then it may be that your copy needs to be added to MB.

o i ment to add a screen shot i took of it my bad

this is what it has when i put the disc in
and the 2 links are the same album just with different audio track set up’s
mine is closer to the first it has the same album art

the second link (SPLIT-TRACK FORMAT has background vocals on one channel and the instrumental portion on the other channel. If you play these tracks through a sound board the channels can be separated so that you can have control over the volume of each channel.)

Excellent. That picture made it easier to work out.

I am pretty sure you have the same release as listed here at MB. It is almost certainly that first PSalty.com link you supplied.

Look at all of your track lengths. They seem to match perfectly.

Every Even Numbered track of yours matches the names on the website and here at MB.

When you listen to the album as a whole does it have normal audio? Or that weird split audio? I’m guessing we can ignore that second link with the split audio as I can’t see how to fit that into this conversation. :slight_smile: It certainly doesn’t match the number or length of tracks you have.

If it was me - I’d ignore the second link. Something has tagged the track in a weird way in iTunes.

I’d use link number 1 and\or the MB link to correct the Album title and Odd numbers Track Names. I think it would then make more sense.

Ah - just noticed a point. You have a CD. Here at MB it is currently just Digital Files. That means we can use your CD to add in a new Release to exactly match the version you have.

Have you used Picard at all yet? Added releases? If not, I could just dive in and add that release for you and then we can use your CD to fill in any missing details.

i have not used Picard yet other then to click the look up cd to see if it was on there yet. and due to the fact i knew it as something different to whats on the website i have not added it the label on the disc has The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9: The Secret of How to Grow in the lord on it not just the cover. if you can do that that would be good. it is a series of sorts there is 10 albums all up in it i only have 9 and 10 i dont know what the series is called tho

The series seems to be listed on Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kids’_Praise!_albums#Original_series_and_Christmas_albums

And just to confuse things they swapped 9, 10 and 11 around so 10 is nineth, followed by an un-numbered on, and then 9 appears at eleventh…

If everything about your release matches, I’ll make a clone for you now… then we’ll look at your CD and see if we can find Barcodes, Catalogue Numbers or anything like that.

So exactly what title do you see on the front cover?

What is the title you see on the spine?

Does your CD always call it:

The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9: The Secret of How to Grow in the Lord

What I am doing is to use the to create a new release for your CD based on the tracks of that digital copy. But we need to make sure we exactly match the name as it is displayed on the front cover of your CD case.

on my mac it is always called “The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9” and on the front cover it is called “The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9 The Secret of How to Grow in the Lord” on the spine it is called “Psalty’s Missing 9 The Secret of How to Grow in the lord” and on the cd label (ie the thing printeed on the disc) it is called “The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9 The Secret of How to Grow in the Lord” (The Search for & The Secret of How to Grow in the Lord are always in a different font) when i put the disc in on my pc it has nothing at all other then track 1’ track 2 and so on no disc name or any thing (iTunes is not on it and was looking at the disc its self not in any player)

at the top of the album front cover in a blue strip it has “From Ernie Rettino And Debby Kerner Rettino” in full caps

We’ll ignore what the Mac says. The CD is the key.

According to the guidelines (https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Titles) we take the name from the FRONT of the CD case.

This is also the name used on the psalty website - so makes sense.

“The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9 The Secret of How to Grow in the Lord”

Now I can wade in and make all this up for you. But do you want to use this as an excuse to add a new release yourself? I can help walk you through it if you want? Best way to learn… and if you make a few mistakes along the way you learn more. :wink:

Or I can just sort it out for you.

Next post will have a few of the steps… with this release as an example…

https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Beginners_Guide

on the website is is PSALTY’S SEARCH FOR THE MISSING not The Search for Psalty’s Missing
sure ill make it sorry did not read it fully getting late here 12:57am

OKAY - I’ll do this one for you. But this is exactly what I just did…

What we do is to use the < Add Release > to create a new release for your CD based on the tracks of that digital copy. But we need to make sure we exactly match the name as it is displayed on the front cover of your CD case.

The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9: The Secret of How to Grow in the Lord

Notice the slight change to the title there? The second part is in a different font, so it likely a subtitle. This is shown with that colon.

Try this yourself… if you make a mess I’ll help tidy up. :slight_smile: You learn more that way.

Go to the Release Group of the current Psalty missing 9 release Release group “The Search for Psalty’s Missing 9: The Secret of How to Grow in the Lord” by Ernie and Debby Kerner Rettino - MusicBrainz

Look to the right and see Add Release and click it

Now start filling in the initial details you know for certain.

You have a more correct title, the 1991 date comes from Wikipedia, this is a USA release, and so on.
Here is how I’d fill the initial page.

As you have the CD case in hand - no doubt you can see more can be filled in? what is the packaging - a jewel case?

See how I adjusted the title to fit your exact CD. Selecting it is an official release, setting language and script. I even pasted in the mail order link for the website.

Now we go to the NEXT page and it is offering to copy the track names and details from the Digital version.
I tick the box to let that happen…

This grabs all the track names, lengths and recordings for us… jsut need to set the FORMAT to CD at the top there…

And hit NEXT and the final part is the VERY IMPORTANT add lots of notes as to where you got yoru information from. In you case that is mainly “CD in my hand” with some details from Wikipedia…

5 Likes

So now when you look we have a CD release that matches your CD version.

What would be really good now is if you can put your CD onto a scanner… grab some artwork…

(Probably best to look at this tomorrow if you are after 1am over there…)

yep ill do the rest tomorow the bar code is an odd one on it this is it 8068811742
thanks for the help have a good one feal free to look over my other edits
https://beta.musicbrainz.org/user/st3v3p/edits/all

That looks like a barcode to me…

And it looks like you popped it into the correct box as I can see it here.

I’ll have a nose around if you want. See if there is anything weird…

And seeing that history I realise I may of given a few too many details above. Hehe… but hopefully something useful there.

@IvanDobsky, nicely presented my friend. :smiley:

1 Like

thanks @IvanDobsky i would preferrer more details then not enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

@st3v3p I have always believed a picture speaks a thousand words. And the Windows Snipping tool is great when working with this forum as one can just straight PASTE into these messages. Ideal for doing step by step guides.

@Llama_lover Can you guess I write lots of little guides like this for my clients in the day job? :smiley: Most of them are technophobic and barely know what a computer is.

(This forum also has its odd points… it is now automatically re-writing my posts as it didn’t like how I quoted a reply! A week of censorship… :crazy_face:)

1 Like

yer you do sound like you know what you are talking about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

haha - usually know what I am talking about… I just tend to take a lot of time over doing details in descriptions so it is clear. The trick is being able to talk in the language of the person who is listening.