#MetaBrainz Meeting 2016-05-16
Meeting start: http://chatlogs.metabrainz.org/brainzbot/metabrainz/msg/3592894/
- Schema change announcement
- Developer priorities
- Picard 503
- dealt with support, including delegating some stuff to chrisskye (yay!)
- got tired of not being able to set user emails when they didn't get our verification, so I wrote that code
- it's in beta now, and I already had to use it once, so I'd say it was a success
- spent the second half of the week worrying about opening the museum I volunteer / intern at, which means https://community.metabrainz.org/t/2-in-1-release-groups-and-other-boxsets-style-330-style-331-style-335/24549 still needs me to decide stuff which gah I'm sorry I'll get to it
- (it's not very straightforward at all so I need to consider it carefully and I just haven't had enough peace and quiet to think about it)
- added new customers to meb.org page
- reviewed GSoC work
- hacking on new rate limiter
- search servers
- did a number of schema change tickets
- also prepared auto-pestering for banner message editors so that they will take down banner messages sooner
Schema change announcement
Announcement from @Rob that once the schema change release is out, the development priorities will get shuffled around a bit:
- Hotfix critical bugs as they appear.
- Coordinate with @Zas to identify and fix issues that prevent us from moving to NewHost.
Basically we're seeing a lot of complaints about Picard users being pretty much unable to do anything due to getting 503's from MusicBrainz, so @reosarevok asked if we could tweak the new rate limiter a bit. Short answer: yes, @Rob and @zas will continue to work on and tweak the rate limiter so hopefully Picard users should get a better experience shortly.