"Not for sale" sticker enough to split releases?

I have this release, which is really this release with a “not for sale” sticker in the back. Everything is the same, including the matrix/runout (or that’s what it seems based on the images on the release).

My feeling is that a sticker (not an actual difference in the art) shouldn’t be enough to split releases, when they’re even evidently the same pressing, but as they already exist, I wouldn’t want to merge without knowing what people think about this kind of thing here. The way I see it, this actual CD is promotional, but the release isn’t.

2 Likes

There is also an additional “SAMPLE” mark on the disc itself. If it were only a sticker on the artwork, then a merge would be appropriate. But with the disc also being modified in manufacturing, it seems that it should stay separate.

6 Likes

Oh, you’re right, I actually missed that. There’s an actual physical difference in the CD, that’s good enough for me.

I’ll review the release and add this to the annotation, now it only says “Rear CD cover marked: Not for Sale in English”, and that’s the sticker.

5 Likes